Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

API 2.0 /users not extracting all users

Level 6

Can someone help me understand what/which users I'm suppose to get out when using the /users endpoint?

Description says: Retrieves a list of all users for the company designated by the auth token.

https://developer.adobe.com/analytics-apis/docs/2.0/apis/

Reason for asking is that I'm not getting all users for the company. If I'm using the user management api it is returning way more users than the /users endpoint.
https://adobe-apiplatform.github.io/umapi-documentation/en/api/getUsersWithPage.html
/users are returning 46, but usermanagement/users is returning 82.

Is /users only returning users who have access to Adobe Analytics? Or is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks!
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

While I haven't used those APIs specifically, I would guess that /users being documented specifically under the "Analytics" APIs would relate to users with Adobe Analytics access (I would guess that this would line up with the users listed inside of Analytics Admin (Analytics Users & Assets area), whereas the usermanagement/users would be all users from the Admin Console for the company (this API seems to also include admin roles and groups, etc which seem more inline with the full company list)

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

While I haven't used those APIs specifically, I would guess that /users being documented specifically under the "Analytics" APIs would relate to users with Adobe Analytics access (I would guess that this would line up with the users listed inside of Analytics Admin (Analytics Users & Assets area), whereas the usermanagement/users would be all users from the Admin Console for the company (this API seems to also include admin roles and groups, etc which seem more inline with the full company list)

Level 6

Thanks for answering @Jennifer_Dungan

That's what i initially thought as well, but i cannot get it to match. When looking at product profiles i have a total of 64 users across all product profiles for Adobe Analytics. I have 8 admins across all product profiles.

My API project is connected to 2 product profiles - then i thought maybe it can only access those 2, but the total of users across those two are 26, so that doesn't match anything either.

Any other ideas?

EDIT: Sorry, just re-reading your reply. You're right it does indeed fit with the list of users under Admin (within Adobe Analytics) > Analytics Users & Assets. Thanks for clarifying!