Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Analytics unable to share (scheduled) projects to user groups

Level 1

Both scheduled reports and share now fails when trying to share with user groups. Sharing with individual users work fine.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @FrankJansen ,

There's actually a current idiosyncrasy (bug, imo) with Analytic's share features due to the integration of the Admin Console. Many assets (projects, segments, etc.) can only be shared with individual users or, if a product admin, with product profiles. So even if user groups are defined within the Admin Console, they cannot be selected to share content. So unless each group of users is defined under their own product profile, sharing this content will be accessible to everyone else in the product profile.

Not sure if it directly answers your question about scheduled reports, but I've posted a related feature request, here.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @FrankJansen ,

There's actually a current idiosyncrasy (bug, imo) with Analytic's share features due to the integration of the Admin Console. Many assets (projects, segments, etc.) can only be shared with individual users or, if a product admin, with product profiles. So even if user groups are defined within the Admin Console, they cannot be selected to share content. So unless each group of users is defined under their own product profile, sharing this content will be accessible to everyone else in the product profile.

Not sure if it directly answers your question about scheduled reports, but I've posted a related feature request, here.