Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Analytics Segment not compatible with Target

Level 9

Hi all,

I am trying to create a publish a segment to the experience cloud, so that it can be used from Target.

This segment should be based upon a traffic variable / prop. Now, when I create it, the segment builder tells me that it is incompatible.

bjoern__koth_0-1718092524382.png

bjoern__koth_1-1718092579716.png

Any idea what's wrong or I am not seeing?

Thx!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Three days later still no segment. Interestingly, I also do not see Analytics as reporting source in my Target activities, though I can see the A4T metrics in Analysis Workspace. Weird...

closing this one for now, will update with any finding with support feedback 

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 6

Hi @bjoern__koth ,

If you want to share the analytics segment with target, you need to publish the segment to the experience cloud.

Please refer below screenshot.

If you check the checkbox while saving the segment then it will automatically share with Target.

You can see this segment in target Audiences list after all changes. Please check and let me know if you face any issue.

Please use your global report suite while segment creation.

prads_0-1718104606417.png

Level 9

Hi @prads 

that I am aware of. Just wondering why it says the segment is not compatible with Target resp., why the list of compatible Adobe tools does not include Adobe Target

Level 6

Hi @bjoern__koth ,

List is showing only Adobe Analytics Tools name not other product name. Hence Adobe Target is not listed there.

prads_0-1718108893401.png

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

I've never seen any segment show up with "Target" in that preview area, only 'workspace', 'reports and analytics', and 'data warehouse.' I would assume this is because Target is technically outside of Analysis Workspace, and it's just showing the compatibility within the analytics tool.

Just because it doesn't say Target there, it doesn't mean it won't work in Target. Like was mentioned above, click to publish to the Experience Cloud and you should be able to use it in Target.

Community Advisor

@bjoern__koth Compatibility shows only the Analytics tools, not the other Experience cloud products. Once you publish the segment to the experience cloud, you will be able to see in Target.

Level 9

Hi all,

hmm, I hit publish this morning, 6h ago, but it still does not show yet.

In your experience, how long does segment processing in AA and publication into the Experience Cloud typically take?

bjoern__koth_0-1718113533695.png

bjoern__koth_2-1718113599106.png

bjoern__koth_1-1718113570121.png

Level 6

Its not taking much time. 

I have created segment at 5:48 PM today in AA and I can see that in Target.

prads_0-1718114953531.png

Community Advisor

@bjoern__koth You will see it right away. As a far as i know there is no delay.

Correct answer by
Level 9

Three days later still no segment. Interestingly, I also do not see Analytics as reporting source in my Target activities, though I can see the A4T metrics in Analysis Workspace. Weird...

closing this one for now, will update with any finding with support feedback