Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Processing rule historical data collection

Level 2

Hi All,

I have written a Processing Rule to copy an evar "X" to evar "Y" . When I look at the data on workspace , I see historical data. Have trended the sum total value and the graph trend shows historical data as well.

When we copy a value using processing rule , do we even see past data on the new evar as well?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @SauravKh 

no, processing rules only work on new data coming but do not work retroactively.

see also

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/technotes/processing-order

cheers

Cheers from Switzerland!

Community Advisor

This ^

Processing rules only run during the time when the data is "processed", which means data hits the servers, the processing rules run, then the vista rules run, then your marketing channel rules are run, etc (with some other steps in there too), then your data is added to the database for use.

The only retroactive data I know about would be the Data Repair API, the Bulk Data Upload API, or Classifications.....