Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.

Analytics report have few URL tracked which are not present on our site

Level 4

Hi Team,

I was reviewing analytics report and found few URL's (though they are having just few clicks) which are not present on our site and not in sitemap but still they were tracked in analytics.

I tried to reach them (content path from tracked URL) in content and site but I didn't get any entry related to them. 

Could someone help on this why this happing and what will be root cause for this ? 

Thanks

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Are you seeing this in your Raw Data? Or in a custom dimension that is set to hold the URL?

If a custom dimension, technically someone could have been messing around and injected a random URL into your tracking (technically the same could be said for the raw data URL, all someone would have to do is take the tracking call and replace the value in the g parameter)

I don't know why people would do this, but we had a site a few years ago where people would randomly change the values of some of our dimensions to replace the "o" with "0"... I was a little annoying, but overall the traffic was so low it was easy to ignore and filter out.

Level 4

Hi @Jennifer_Dungan 

Thanks for relay!

Its from the raw data collected by URL's.

If I need to filter out then how, I mean do I need to write any implementation for filter or after getting result, simple filter out?

Thanks

Abhishek

Community Advisor

That really depends on a lot of factors.. since I cannot see your implementation or the data that is incorrect, it would be extremely hard to advise you on how to go about filtering it out....