Expand my Community achievements bar.

Analytics - Migration app measurement implementation from ACP sdk to AEP sdk, across mobile Apps

Employee

Hi Team,

My customer is looking to migrate app measurement implementation from ACP sdk to AEP sdk, across various mobile Apps. I couldn't find helpful information on Experience League for mobile app migration, only web. 

Do you happen to have any white papers you could share to help them with this process, which also covers schemas, etc.? Or is someone who has gone through this process and maybe able to help? 

Thank you,

Alex

6 Replies

Community Advisor

So, while I haven't done this yet... I was in a lab during Summit and I have some good news for you!

So long as you are still just sending to Adobe Analytics, and not moving to something like CJA, Adobe has created a method for passing the data essentially "as-is" through a new custom object a.tags (or something like that, I am trying to get a copy of the lab book)... but it means you don't have to change your implementation to XDM formatting then map it back to AA.... it will pass through, directly to AA and set events, props, eVars, etc exactly as is... and all your context variables will also pass through and use your existing processing rules.

Making the migration so much easier.

I will try to get some more details for you.

Employee

@Jennifer_Dungan , thank you very much for your response. Please send me more details on this new method. Appreciate it. 

Best regards,

Alex

Employee

@fhusain, thank you very much for sending me the link; this is precisely what I was looking for. 

Best regards,

Alex

Level 3

@AColtuc I have done the Migration from ACP to AEP and it working successfully. You have to follow below steps:-

1. Create Schema- Add Lifecycle and Edge Autofill Environment Schema in it.
2. Create 2 DataSteam(Prod and Dev) - Add App Schema and Services like Analytics and select RSID respectivily.

3. Now in Data Collection add the Extension's- Identity, Edge, Content. In Edge Extension map your DataSteam's.
4. Create Rule to forward life cyle event because in AEP Edge OOTB it will not pass Lifecyele data to Analytics.

Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks.

Employee

@Uditgupta1 Hi Udit, nice to meet you. Thank you very much for answering my questions. This is very useful information, and I forwarded the steps you described to my customer for them to try. 

I really appreciate it.

Best regards,

Alex