Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Analytics Not Working in Prod Instance

Level 1

We're having an issue where our sub prod instances are able to connect to our analytics environments with no issues, but as soon as the code is moved to production, the production instance does not connect to our analytics prod environment. I would like to get an idea on what can be preventing this on the analytic side, it does appear like our prod instance has been connected to analytics outside of our code, this may be preventing the needed analytics connection to happen but we are unsure if this is expected behavior. Any ideas on why our prod instance can't connect to the analytics environment would be great help. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

So it was a matter of another tag being connected to our prod instance. I checked the Experience Platform Tags tab in the platform debugger and saw a tag other than mine, connected to our instance. This along with that tag I'm sure being setup to read from our prod's domain name. In the debugger, when I blocked that network/tag, then my tag, the one we wanted to work, came into affect. I tracked down this cdn in our codebase and removed it and now our cdn for the wanted tag is the only one active. Thank you all! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Are you seeing any error messages? I've not seen anything like this before, and in order to really help diagnose I might need to see the actual behaviour of the site.

Would you be willing to share a URL (even via private message directly to me)?

Level 4

is there maybe a typo in your report suite name? as @Jennifer_Dungan mentioned, please provide a screenshot from your network tab, filtering for "/b/ss"

Cheers

Level 4

Are you checking on page URL using "Launch Switch"? It will be helpful if you share the screenshot of your issue.

Correct answer by
Level 1

So it was a matter of another tag being connected to our prod instance. I checked the Experience Platform Tags tab in the platform debugger and saw a tag other than mine, connected to our instance. This along with that tag I'm sure being setup to read from our prod's domain name. In the debugger, when I blocked that network/tag, then my tag, the one we wanted to work, came into affect. I tracked down this cdn in our codebase and removed it and now our cdn for the wanted tag is the only one active. Thank you all! 

Community Advisor

Ah... yes, there could be conflicts between two implementations since they are usually both set up to use the default s object. 

Glad you got this sorted out!