Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Analytics for Target Variables within Data Warehouse

Level 1

Has the segment compatibility within Data Warehouse recently changed? Specifically, looking for any 'Analytics for Target' style variables, including 'Target Activities'. Prior to the start of the year (2022), I could pull data with segments containing these variables applied. However, I can no longer do so, even when trying to re-run previously successful data warehouse pulls. The result is an empty file. These variables and corresponding values are still populating in Workspace.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @twilson_rc 

I don't think there has been any change in support of A4T dimensions in DWH. Can you please ensure the segment does not have any 'Unspecified' condition in its definition? Data Warehouse treats 'Unspecified' differently than Workspace. So you may end up seeing blank reports if you have this condition.

Alternatively, if you have multiple conditions in your segment, you may try removing conditions and retry fetching DWH report. This will help you to drill down the problem causing condition in your segment.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @twilson_rc 

I don't think there has been any change in support of A4T dimensions in DWH. Can you please ensure the segment does not have any 'Unspecified' condition in its definition? Data Warehouse treats 'Unspecified' differently than Workspace. So you may end up seeing blank reports if you have this condition.

Alternatively, if you have multiple conditions in your segment, you may try removing conditions and retry fetching DWH report. This will help you to drill down the problem causing condition in your segment.

Level 1

Hi @Saurav_Raj 

Thanks for the info. The segments do not contain unspecified, and I removed everything from them to the point that they only included an A4T variable. Still provided an empty result...even with previous segments that functioned fine.

With that said, I changed the segment from including a post-processed 'Target Activity > Experience' to the actual numeric campaign ID within 'Analytics for Target' with success. I'm not entirely sure why this would work and still the previously successful versions did not. However, I now have a data warehouse request with data as expected.

Perhaps if anyone else has this issue - change to the 'Analytics for Target' value, even if the post processed value populates in workspace.