Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

[analytics] eVar0 classification

Level 1

I am wanting to build classifications off of my eVar0 (tracking code). But I am not seeing eVar0 listed as an option when creating a classification under conversion variables. Is there any reason why it wouldn't be listed as an option? Is there another way to handle this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

eVar0 does not exist as a variable in Adobe Analytics - it is only a query string parameter that represents the tracking code variable. It's kind of confusing actually...

All three of these are the same variable:

• JavaScript variable: s.campaign
  • Image request query string parameter: v0
  • In the Analytics UI: Tracking Code

If you're using s.eVar0 in your implementation, it's not populating any reports.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi nicolea2328,

It is sorry for that if I didn't understand for your question correctly.

eVar0 = campaign.

eVar0  is reserved for tracking code.

So, If you want to set up eVar0, you need to set up campaign variables.

Level 1

Thanks for the reply. What if eVar0 is already set up? I have data populating in that variable today. But I do not have data populating in s.campaign.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

eVar0 does not exist as a variable in Adobe Analytics - it is only a query string parameter that represents the tracking code variable. It's kind of confusing actually...

All three of these are the same variable:

• JavaScript variable: s.campaign
  • Image request query string parameter: v0
  • In the Analytics UI: Tracking Code

If you're using s.eVar0 in your implementation, it's not populating any reports.