Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Analytics API

Level 1

My client is going through a 3rd party data platform to post  data to Adobe. The integration person at the 3rd party has said if two values are mapped to send to the same variable they do not do any validation and simply send things on to Adobe.

How does the Adobe API handle an incoming transaction where one or more pieces of data are mapped to a single eVar or prop?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Just like if an eVar was defined twice in an image request, it's going to only take one of the values. I don't know which one it takes, but it probably shouldn't matter since your data quality will be pretty tainted either way.

I would advise concatenating the same eVars into the same value with a delimiter, so you can classify those values later on. You can also consider using a List Var, which can accept multiple values. However, they cannot be in two separate variable definitions in the same image request.

Either way, you're going to want to concatenate them before they're send to Adobe data collection servers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi christiaanb312765​,

Can you please confirm what is the integration used at your end? Is it through any of the Data Connectors or using Data Insertion API?

Also, elaborate on multiple values for a variable. I ask this because for a variable in Adobe there can only be one value set at a time.

Level 1

Kaushalendra​ the 3rd party has as an integration out of the box with adobe analytics where all you have to do is map the values. I believe it is the data insertion API as they dont' have access to the adobe.

Will the API not accept transactions where say eVar 1 is listed twice with two different values?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Just like if an eVar was defined twice in an image request, it's going to only take one of the values. I don't know which one it takes, but it probably shouldn't matter since your data quality will be pretty tainted either way.

I would advise concatenating the same eVars into the same value with a delimiter, so you can classify those values later on. You can also consider using a List Var, which can accept multiple values. However, they cannot be in two separate variable definitions in the same image request.

Either way, you're going to want to concatenate them before they're send to Adobe data collection servers.