Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!

Analytics API 1.4 / OAuth 2.0

Level 1

Please confirm if I can do the following with the Analytics API 1.4

1. OAuth 2.0 redirect to a whitelabel domain e.g. `https://*/some/path/here`
  2. Refresh tokens that we can use to get new access tokens as necessary (offline_access scope request errors, but it does return a refresh token without it)
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 1

Further context:  

• I am getting a refresh token through the Oauth 2.0 flow even though I am unable to include the `offline_access` scope.
  • Adobe Analytics is the only API associated with this project
  • This project does not list `offline_access` under its scopes
  • I am getting a 400 Bad Request `{"error":"access_denied"}` from the `token/v3` endpoint

Level 1

Also, why doesn't Adobe show the user consent screen with the list of scopes?  It just approves and redirects back.

Level 4

Hi @watwatwat 

Adobe Analytics provides access to its APIs using OAuth 2.0 for authentication and authorization. Regarding your specific query:

OAuth 2.0 Redirect: Adobe Analytics typically requires you to specify a predefined redirect URI when setting up OAuth 2.0 authorization. Using a white label domain in the format “https://*/some/path/here” is not a common practice in OAuth 2.0. You usually need to provide a specific, pre-registered redirect URI. Please refer to Adobe's documentation to find out what types of redirect URIs are supported and how to configure them.

Refresh Tokens: The use of refresh tokens and their availability can be determined by the configuration of the OAuth 2.0 provider, in this case, Adobe Analytics. The offline_access scope is commonly used to request refresh tokens, allowing you to obtain new access tokens without user intervention.

Level 1

Hello, thanks for the reply.  

The offline_access scope is not listed in the Projects OAuth Web App credentials scope, does this mean it's impossible to refresh an access token for Adobe Analytics?  This is a blocker for our clients.

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 8.00.25 AM.png