Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Amount of all purchases happened with the shopper visiting a single product page

Level 1

I've been trying to answer this question I have for myself: "X% of all purchases happened with the shopper visiting a single product page" which would hopefully lead into a follow up answer to "Of the shoppers who visited more than one product page, the more pages they visited, the more/less likely they were to purchase at all." 

There's a really helpful demo I found that gets me close to this from @Jen.lasser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A00dkA2cPI where she talks about Segmentation of Distinct Dimension Counts. What I'm struggling with is the next layer - I want to specify that the distinct pages in the visit are a specific page type, in this case product pages.

I have my segment set like her demo except I've modified it to:

visit {

* page equals (distinct count) = 1

and

* page type equals any of = product

and

hit {

* product is greater than or equal to (distinct count) = 1

}

}

I don't know if this segment is telling me:

* visits where there is only one page in the visit and it's a product type page (with a product hit) or

* visits where there are an assortment of pages and only one of them is a product type page (with a product hit)

The second option is what I am interested in. Thanks!

Screenshot of segment attached below:Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 2.56.45 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

When deciding between Hit, Visit and Visitor containers, it is helpful to remember this: each condition represents a Hit condition. So when you have

visit {

and

}

Then you're segmenting for visits where some hits have page distinct count = 1 and some hits where page type = product, but NOT where some hits are both page distinct count = 1 and page type = product.

E.g. your segment would include this visit:

Hit 3: satisfies page distinct count = 1 BUT page type != product

Hit 10: page type = product BUT page distinct count != 1

If you want the hits to satisfy both conditions, then you'll need to change your segment to be like this:

visit {

hit {

and

}

}

i.e. segment for all visits where some hits are both page distinct count = 1 and page type = product.

I'm not sure if you should also include the last condition within this inner Hit container, but hopefully the above explanation provides some helpful starting steps for you to figure out AA's segmentation feature.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

When deciding between Hit, Visit and Visitor containers, it is helpful to remember this: each condition represents a Hit condition. So when you have

visit {

and

}

Then you're segmenting for visits where some hits have page distinct count = 1 and some hits where page type = product, but NOT where some hits are both page distinct count = 1 and page type = product.

E.g. your segment would include this visit:

Hit 3: satisfies page distinct count = 1 BUT page type != product

Hit 10: page type = product BUT page distinct count != 1

If you want the hits to satisfy both conditions, then you'll need to change your segment to be like this:

visit {

hit {

and

}

}

i.e. segment for all visits where some hits are both page distinct count = 1 and page type = product.

I'm not sure if you should also include the last condition within this inner Hit container, but hopefully the above explanation provides some helpful starting steps for you to figure out AA's segmentation feature.