Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How works the attribution model for "non-repeating Instances"

Level 1

Hi
I made a segment for hits with the condition:

• Page (non-repeating instances) exists

Personnaly I thought that the repeating instances with this segment will be restricted to repeated hits (page hits) inside a visit. But I had to find out that this works on visitor level. Therefore when a user had page hit (in a visit some days ago) and then starts a new visit (today) with the same page then the page of today's visit is filtered out by my segment shown above.

Any comments about this?

Do I really have to use the project settings by removing the activation of the setting "Count repeating instances"?

Link to Adobes documentation which I checked: Documentation about Segment Builder

Regards

Markus

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't use that setting much, but it looks more like it's based on consecutive hits.... According to the documentation that you linked to, it shows "evar value A" counting the first time, then ignored again until A is hit after B.

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1672464502697.png

I suppose maybe if the user's last hit in their previous visit, and their first page in their next visit were both "A" then the non-repeating instance may be used in the non-repeating instance logic.....

May I ask what type of segment you are trying to achieve? Maybe we can offer different ways to build the segment to get to your desired result?

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't use that setting much, but it looks more like it's based on consecutive hits.... According to the documentation that you linked to, it shows "evar value A" counting the first time, then ignored again until A is hit after B.

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1672464502697.png

I suppose maybe if the user's last hit in their previous visit, and their first page in their next visit were both "A" then the non-repeating instance may be used in the non-repeating instance logic.....

May I ask what type of segment you are trying to achieve? Maybe we can offer different ways to build the segment to get to your desired result?