Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEP Web SDK - Merchandising eVars

Level 2

Hello Everyone

We currently have the requirement to ingest custom e-commerce data into Adobe Analytics via the AEP Web SDK utilizing the concept of XDM along with the AEP data stream. According to the official documentation, there are several standard values that are automatically mapped against the respective Adobe Analytics eCommerce variables:

productListItems[N].lineItemIdproductsAppMeasurement query parameter Products Category mapping.
productlistitems[N].nameproductsAppMeasurement query parameter Products Name mapping.
productlistitems[N].priceTotalproductsAppMeasurement query parameter Products Price mapping.
productlistitems[N].quantityproductsAppMeasurement query parameter Products Quantity mapping.

Reference: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/edge/data-collection/adobe-analytics/aut...

Nevertheless, I don't see how one could potentially ingest any additional, custom variables on top. In the traditional implementation, we would have relied on merchandising eVars which we append to the s.products string. However, as all data ingested via the AEP Web SDK only arrives as fragmented context data into Adobe Analytics, I can't think of a way to make sure we can iterate over a whole array of multiple products and data points while making sure to append it to the same hit just via processing rules:

Screenshot 2022-04-14 at 09.04.13.png

Therefore, can you please elaborate on how custom e-commerce data can be properly ingested into Adobe Analytics or if at all there is any way to do so yet? Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor