Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

AEP Mobile SDK - Data Collection

Level 2

@VaniBhemarasetty  - We are migrating from traditional data collection to AEP Mobile SDK (Implementing AA, AT, AAM and AEP through Edge and following XDM standard) from the mobile app front, could you please help me with this please.

1) Is there any way we can access XDM data field using Launch (all the XDM data fields are mapped from app front and triggered the send events) i.e, similar to accessing context data elements earlier.Is this feature will come near future if its not already available?

satyanarayanam1_0-1668682450349.png

2) In the similar fashion earlier we tried to access OOTB data fields which Core library provides like below but they are coming empty after the libraries are upgraded

"appid": {%%app_id%%}, - not working
"ecid":{%%ecid%%}, - not working

whereas accessing them like below is working fine (https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/using-mobile-extensions/adobe-journey-optimizer-decisioning#define-...)

"a.appID": "{%~state.com.adobe.module.lifecycle/lifecyclecontextdata.appid%}",
satyanarayanam1_1-1668682601287.png

We want to attach/modify some data fields to the XDM payload throguh Launch for send event xdm calls triggering from the mobile app front.
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@satyanarayanam1  Not sure, if attaching data to edge is supported yet from Adobe Launch. May be you can check with client care to know more on this

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@satyanarayanam1  Not sure, if attaching data to edge is supported yet from Adobe Launch. May be you can check with client care to know more on this

Level 2

Sure, I will check with them.

Also I have another question on Mobile App life cycle data and curious to know your thoughts.

When we implement life cycle tracking using edge approach following the tutorial in the link below, do we still need to implement the life cycle calls manually on the app end calling lifecyclestart and lifecyclepause methods explicitly?

https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/foundation-extensions/lifecycle-for-edge-network#configure-a-rule-t...

Will the below edge approach works for both Android & IOS to populate all the lifecycle metrics and dimensions?

Level 2

We are facing similar issue with our implementation after upgrading to AEP Mobile SDK. Lifecycle Metrics like appID are returning empty values when trying to fetch them using data elements utilizing Mobile Core Extension and Lifecycle Type.

Screen_Capture_-_Nov_8__12_08_PM.png

Level 2

@yatins78957443 - for the OOTB life cycle events the app id gets auto tracked. Are you referring to the custom events that you trigger for track state or track action (pageview, interaction) calls?

If yes, we also noticed the same thing. By default, mobile sdk doesn't attach the app id to custom events, you might have to work with developers to attach it manually similar to how you do the XDM mapping.