Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

AEM and Analytics integration - Data not reported

Level 2

Hello, after integrating AEM with Analytics I can't see the data in Analysis Workspace. 

What I'm sending to Analytics is the pageName. I can see that in debugger the pathname is shown in the pageName variable, also, when I use /ss in the console network I can see the pageName value as well.

Ricardo33_0-1679663802045.png

But when I check the Report Suite that I'm using for Stage there is nothing there. Any help is appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I opened a ticket and this configuration solved the problem:

Ricardo33_0-1680126291224.png

Now data is showing in the Report Suite:

Ricardo33_1-1680126490818.png

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Community Advisor

Verify that you are using the correct report suite in your Analytics extension.

Double-check that the report suite ID used in your /b/ss network request matches the ID of the report suite that you're using in your Analytics reports.

Level 2

Yeah, I'm using the right Report Suite. The tag that is in the page matches the Staging Report Suite.

Data Collection:

Ricardo33_0-1679667926729.pngRicardo33_1-1679667984175.pngRicardo33_2-1679668088570.png

AEM:

Ricardo33_4-1679668746809.png

Analysis Workspace:

Ricardo33_3-1679668577162.png

Community Advisor

No no, you're still referring to your Launch / Tags setup. I'm referring to your Analytics setup.

In your last screenshot, I see that you're running a report from the "Koerber (Stage)" report suite, indicated by the dropdown at top-right of your screenshot. That is the report suite that you need to use in your Analytics extension inside Launch / Tags.

So first question: have you added the Analytics extension to your Launch / Tags property? And if so, have you set it with the appropriate report suites, in particular using your "Koerber (Stage)" report suite with the Analytics staging environment?

Reference: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/launch/overview.html?lang=en

Level 2

Yes. In the first picture from my reply I'm showing the Report Suites used in the Analytics extension. The Report Suite ID for "Koerber (Stage)" is koerber-stage.

Community Advisor

Oh, sorry, I missed that first screenshot.

Hmm... it's strange that your report suite ID is "koerber-stage". With my clients, the first few letters of the report suite ID is usually the abbreviation / acronym of the organisation name.

In the Analytics extension's report suite settings, you can click the dropdown to select a report suite ID. Did you use that method to choose your report suite? Or did you type "koerber-stage" manually?

Level 2

No problem.

I used the dropdown to select each report suite. The Report Suite ID that appears in debugger is this one:

Ricardo33_0-1679918507183.png

Also, I forgot to mention that this is a SPA implementation using React.

Community Advisor

It shouldn't matter that your website is developed in React.

Please check 2 other things:

1. In your browser's console, are there any JavaScript errors that might be causing the tracking to fail?
  2. In your browser's Network panel, do you see any requests containing "b/ss"? All AA hits have "b/ss" in their paths, so this is the best way to verify that your browser is sending the hits properly.

Level 2

No error appears in my console. In console network I can see the request with a 200 status.

Community Advisor

Hmm... this is weird. So the data is being sent to AA, yet AA is not reporting on that collected data.

Do you use Processing Rules in your report suite? If so, could there be any rules that are accidentally overwriting your collected data?

If you have enabled bot blocking in your report suite, try disabling that too and see if that helps.

You mentioned that this is happening with your Staging report suite. But you also collect data in your Development report suite too, based on your earlier screenshot. Do you see data in that Development report suite?

Correct answer by
Level 2

I opened a ticket and this configuration solved the problem:

Ricardo33_0-1680126291224.png

Now data is showing in the Report Suite:

Ricardo33_1-1680126490818.png

Community Advisor

Aha! Thanks for sharing. I don't normally deal with that report suite setting, so I didn't think about that.