Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

AdWords Remarketing Tag - Custom Code in Tagmanager

Level 1

Hi All,

I am a representative of a m edia agency and we have an important issue to fix it. We experience huge discrepancy between Omniture and Dou bleclick and it covers revenue, orders, clicks everything.... the discrepancy can be more than 80% sometime so it is really huge. It is impossible to reach your support team that`s why i need to use this forum. Please try to contact me and advise what to do.

Thanks a lot.

Attila

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I had the same question from Marketing two months ago. What I found out is this: Adwords attributes Conversion to, as they say, Last Adwords Click. So Adwords gets the conversion if it was in the conversion path. First, second, no matter where. If it was in there, AdWords takes the credit.  In Omniture it probably is a last click attribution, depending on which conversion variable you're using and how your report(s) are set up,

From what I've read on Google Support AdWords cookies standard expire after 90 days. So any AdWords click within a period of 90 days gets the conversion. No wonder you see AdWords demand 4 times as high as in a (more realistic) Last Click attribution model, with a (more realistic) cookie lifetime. 

Best,

-Harry

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

I had the same question from Marketing two months ago. What I found out is this: Adwords attributes Conversion to, as they say, Last Adwords Click. So Adwords gets the conversion if it was in the conversion path. First, second, no matter where. If it was in there, AdWords takes the credit.  In Omniture it probably is a last click attribution, depending on which conversion variable you're using and how your report(s) are set up,

From what I've read on Google Support AdWords cookies standard expire after 90 days. So any AdWords click within a period of 90 days gets the conversion. No wonder you see AdWords demand 4 times as high as in a (more realistic) Last Click attribution model, with a (more realistic) cookie lifetime. 

Best,

-Harry