Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Advertising Analytics: Oauth token problems

Level 2

We added several Google AdWords Accounts to the Advertising Analytics service without problems. We wanted to add more accounts but when we authenticate the oauth token we get the error message "EXTERNAL_API_ERROR: Unable to Create/update AMO search account for imsOrgId = 12345@AdobeOrg globalCompanyKey : fti1 amo_user_id = xxxx due to external api error. Error message returned by AMO search account api= 'Login does not have access to the Advertising Account'"

All the accounts used for the oauth token authentification have admin status in the adwords accounts. The credentials are for a single account and not for the MMC and the account ID is correct, too. We tried the process with at least 6 different AdWords accounts.

So I'm wondering if there is a problem with the API on Googles side?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I found the mistake myself: Adobe does no longer accept the AdWords account ID in the format "xxx-yyy-wwww" but only as "xxxyyywwww". Now it's running.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

I found the mistake myself: Adobe does no longer accept the AdWords account ID in the format "xxx-yyy-wwww" but only as "xxxyyywwww". Now it's running.