Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe rules are firing but the data is not coming into the Platform Debugger

Level 4

As the title states, there are two specific Adobe rules (one is triggered via custom event and the other is triggered by a CSS entering viewport) that are firing but the data is not getting into the debugger. 

In the browser's network tab, I see that all the variables are being captured. 

Yohan_khan00_0-1695253738632.png

However, the timing tab indicates that this is being "stalled" when I compared it to the server call of a rule that is getting captured. 

Yohan_khan00_2-1695254311351.png

I have checked Chrome's definitions of what that means - but I am not able to pin anything down. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hmm, I've not seen this... have you checked that the actual server you are sending the requests to is responding?

I can't see that in your screenshots, so I don't know if you are using one of the default Adobe third party servers, or if you have set up a custom first party tracking server:

i.e. your site is www.domain.com  and your tracking server is s.domain.com

If you try to load your tracking server directly (either by typing in s.domain.com, or if you copy the actual tracking request and try to load it directly does it complete?

If it doesn't you may need to reach out to Client Care (if using the Adobe default server, make sure that there isn't an issue... if using your own server, confirm with them that the server has properly been configured)

If this is a very new implementation, maybe the DNS hasn't yet propagated.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hmm, I've not seen this... have you checked that the actual server you are sending the requests to is responding?

I can't see that in your screenshots, so I don't know if you are using one of the default Adobe third party servers, or if you have set up a custom first party tracking server:

i.e. your site is www.domain.com  and your tracking server is s.domain.com

If you try to load your tracking server directly (either by typing in s.domain.com, or if you copy the actual tracking request and try to load it directly does it complete?

If it doesn't you may need to reach out to Client Care (if using the Adobe default server, make sure that there isn't an issue... if using your own server, confirm with them that the server has properly been configured)

If this is a very new implementation, maybe the DNS hasn't yet propagated.

Level 4

Thank you for your response. 

We can rule a few things out based on what you asked to confirm.

1) There are other rules that are based on the same custom events that are tracked and the data is flowing to the debugger without issues. 

2) All the server domains are the same so if one is working the other should* work as well. 

Community Advisor

What's the response to that network call, do you have a "200"?

Community Advisor

Actually, I just checked ours.. I am also seeing "stalled".

I think this is something that the "man-in-the-middle" debugger tool is doing... I don't think it's actually impacting the tracking.

But my data is showing in the debugger... 

Can I ask, is the debugger not showing anything? Or just that a lot of the custom dimensions are missing in what does show in the debugger?

I've been noticing the second issue on and off for the last few weeks.. I believe there is a bug in the extension, as I can see all the data in the network call and in Omnibug... 

Level 4

What is off-putting to me is that other rules that have a similar setup are firing and the debugger is working for those. Its only these two rules that are causing this issue. 

The debugger is only capturing some Adobe default attributes. The debugger is clearly showing that there is a hit but the values are not flowing through. I am dowing some additional QA right now to see if the values are flowing to the report suite. 

Yohan_khan00_0-1695386207841.png

Community Advisor

OK... this is the issue I am having too... it seems to be a bug in the tool... not an issue with the analytics... I am not the only one in my org having this issue, and you have confirmed that it's not just our site...

I haven't yet reported the issue to Client Care (but I am not sure if trying to contact the direct team for the tool would be better)... 

Level 4

Thank you for confirming. I have confirmed that the hits are going into analytics as we have hit IDs & other IDs I can see coming into the report suite. 

How can I open a ticket with client care if that is the case? 

Community Advisor

Tickets to Client Care need to go through the Admin Console.

I will also log the issue as soon as I can replicate it (since its sporadic)