Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Report Builder to FTP - Overwrite file

Level 1

I've scheduled a request from report builder to be sent to an FTP on a daily basis, however, i would like that the new file overwrites the existing one but this is not the case and it's creating a new file every day (e.g "filename (1).csv", "filename (1) - copy.csv", etc.)

Does anyone have any ideas how to do this?

Thanks,

David

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Trying to understand the reason...

Why are you re-requesting the entire 265 days of data on a rolling date? Is the data for the past changing? (offline data). Or looking at visitor loyalty?

In most scenarios, for rolling date, you don't require the previous data again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

This functionality is not present.

The thought process is that the report builder files are mostly for human consumption and so files don't get overwritten and lost.

Similarly, the Data Warehouse tool overwrites the files, since these files are commonly fed into a system and need to have a static or a certain pattern of name for the files.

If you are using the Report Builder for dashboarding, you will need to continue as it is. If the file you are generating is for feeding into a system, you can check whether Data Warehouse resolves your issue.

Level 1

Thanks Hyderziaee, it's clear now.

The main reason to use report builder rater than Data Warehouse was to use a rolling date (last 365 days).

With Data Warehouse i'm only able to go back the last 4 weeks. Is there any way to extend this rolling date range?

Thanks,

David

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Trying to understand the reason...

Why are you re-requesting the entire 265 days of data on a rolling date? Is the data for the past changing? (offline data). Or looking at visitor loyalty?

In most scenarios, for rolling date, you don't require the previous data again.