Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Adobe Report Builder - Legacy Reports

Level 2

Hi,

We've had some reports set up by a previous member of staff via Adobe Analytics report builder & these have been scheduled to run as a daily extract as a PDF.

Is there any way to access the raw excel version of these reports?

Thanks,

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Pabloc,

Thanks- however the user left the company & I can only assume the original file is long-since gone.

I was hoping that due to the ongoing schedule, there must be some copy of the raw API command existing somewhere that I could access to be able to replicate the report- or is it that once the report is scheduled it just becomes a sealed case that we can't get in to edit?

Good suggestion with using a PDF to excel editor, however the value will be getting access to the users report builder set up, rather than just the report template.

Thanks,

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Any way the original user can get you a working copy of excel file? if not then...

You will need to re create the excel file with adobe plugin, as if original is not available then there is no easy way for a scheduled report in PDF to be converted to excel.

A sort of possible solution to get a base file is...

https://www.pdftoexcel.com/

The caveat is you need Adobe Excel plugin to make a new master with all the breakdowns for each data block.

good luck

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Pabloc,

Thanks- however the user left the company & I can only assume the original file is long-since gone.

I was hoping that due to the ongoing schedule, there must be some copy of the raw API command existing somewhere that I could access to be able to replicate the report- or is it that once the report is scheduled it just becomes a sealed case that we can't get in to edit?

Good suggestion with using a PDF to excel editor, however the value will be getting access to the users report builder set up, rather than just the report template.

Thanks,

Chris

Community Advisor

Hey you may be lucky...

Can you get a copy of a delivered report from one of the recipients?

If so then what you should try is on a PC install the Adobe Report builder add on. Then try and open the excel file. If user settings allow you should be able to then open and see all report builder data blocks...

Level 2

Yeah, that would be the perfect scenario, however the only scheduled version is the PDF- meaning the copy that gets delivered is the PDF version.

Community Advisor

Yes sorry full circle here.. its not possible to change destination file of PDF to excel...

All I can think of is if Adobe support from the back end can change output format for you.(Its not something on the front end we can do).

Level 1

Hello,

Certainly, accessing the raw Excel version of the Adobe Analytics reports is possible. To retrieve the Excel files, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Contact Adobe Support: Reach out to Adobe Analytics support to inquire about the availability of raw Excel versions of the reports. They should be able to guide you on the process and provide the necessary information.

2. Check Scheduled Reports: If the reports were scheduled to run as daily extracts, there might be an option to customize the output format. Verify if the scheduled reports can be modified to generate Excel files instead of PDFs. This can typically be done within the Adobe Analytics report builder or scheduler.

3. Recreation of Reports: If the above options are not feasible, you might need to recreate the reports using the raw data from Adobe Analytics. This would involve using the data exported from Adobe Analytics to build similar reports in Excel.

As for converting Excel to PDF, the link you've provided (https://www.facepdf.com/excel-to-pdf) seems to lead to a tool that can help you achieve this. It's a common practice to convert Excel files to PDFs for easier sharing and viewing, especially in professional settings.

Feel free to reach out if you have further questions or need assistance.