Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Launch Not Triggering All Events and eVars Set

Level 1

Hi all,

I have a weird situation in that when I am setting variables in a Launch rule, only one of them actually works properly (eVar70 in this case). The other ones (eVar7, event16, event60) do not. This is all being triggered as an s.tl() to avoid additional page views.

Is there anything I'm missing here, or is there some sort of bug in Launch that is causing this issue?

MicrosoftTeams-image (3).png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

On the surface, this looks fine.

Do you have any custom code in your extension that could be overwriting the values to null? Or are you setting s.linkTrackVars manually anywhere that would override these props and eVars from being set into this parameter for tracking?

In the old school days, for an s.tl() call, you would set your s.linkTrackVars with a list of all the parameters you wanted to be included in the tracking call (since you would still have all the page level params still set on the page, and you would want to curate specifically what was being sent).

In Launch, this value is supposed to be set dynamically based on the props and eVars you have configured in your set variables. However, technically, you can still set your s.linkTrackVars manually, and if done incorrectly it could be causing the issue you are experiencing...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

On the surface, this looks fine.

Do you have any custom code in your extension that could be overwriting the values to null? Or are you setting s.linkTrackVars manually anywhere that would override these props and eVars from being set into this parameter for tracking?

In the old school days, for an s.tl() call, you would set your s.linkTrackVars with a list of all the parameters you wanted to be included in the tracking call (since you would still have all the page level params still set on the page, and you would want to curate specifically what was being sent).

In Launch, this value is supposed to be set dynamically based on the props and eVars you have configured in your set variables. However, technically, you can still set your s.linkTrackVars manually, and if done incorrectly it could be causing the issue you are experiencing...

Level 1

Thanks for giving me some areas to look. Taking over this project from a prior agency that did a lot of custom JS instead of using Launch functionality to set the props and eVars, so this may very well be possible.

Community Advisor

LOL, I use mostly custom JS  

So I know that I am using s.linkTrackVars so that I can include list and product values on my clicks...

Luckily, if you search your Launch instance for "linkTrackVars" it should come back with the all the places that it's used (if it's used).