Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Adobe Launch Audit: What is the step by step process?

Community Advisor

Hi

What is the best way to audit the old implementation of Adobe launch for any website. Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
  • List of products deployed via Adobe Launch:
    • Check with your stakeholders if they are still needed. You would be surprised as sometimes business don't even know that some product are actively gathering data on their platform.
  • List all extension, rules and data elements
    • Always try to create rules that are maintainable, reusable and scalable
      • Avoid to add to many non-related product actions in the same rule. This will be easier to maintain in the future. Also this will prevent any issues with cookie preferences, as not all products would fall under same cookie category and if any of them would change of category the rule might fire some actions that should not be
    • Also make sure that you create you actions in a way that you do not need to create additional marketing pixels rule each time you need to fire the marketing pixel. For example I have seen implementation and done implementation in my younger days where I would create one rule for each page or section that needed facebook pixel. That would have duplicated pixels code. try to code it in a way that it depend on data elements and replace the part of the code that change by data element values. Set condition that need to match each data element to be trusthy which  means they return a valid configuration value
    • Duplication of data elements. I have seen in the past lazy implementation where instead of looking for existing data element to return specific values, a new one was created for the same purpose. reefactor all that.
    • Extensions, now for me I do not trust third party extensions and apart from the main Adobe One I always check the source code to see what is injected. For example the Adobe Plugins extension as of now inject the code for all plugins even if you initialise one. That will make your library bigger.

You could also use https://launch-parser.com/ which is good to understand if some data element are defined and never used

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
  • List of products deployed via Adobe Launch:
    • Check with your stakeholders if they are still needed. You would be surprised as sometimes business don't even know that some product are actively gathering data on their platform.
  • List all extension, rules and data elements
    • Always try to create rules that are maintainable, reusable and scalable
      • Avoid to add to many non-related product actions in the same rule. This will be easier to maintain in the future. Also this will prevent any issues with cookie preferences, as not all products would fall under same cookie category and if any of them would change of category the rule might fire some actions that should not be
    • Also make sure that you create you actions in a way that you do not need to create additional marketing pixels rule each time you need to fire the marketing pixel. For example I have seen implementation and done implementation in my younger days where I would create one rule for each page or section that needed facebook pixel. That would have duplicated pixels code. try to code it in a way that it depend on data elements and replace the part of the code that change by data element values. Set condition that need to match each data element to be trusthy which  means they return a valid configuration value
    • Duplication of data elements. I have seen in the past lazy implementation where instead of looking for existing data element to return specific values, a new one was created for the same purpose. reefactor all that.
    • Extensions, now for me I do not trust third party extensions and apart from the main Adobe One I always check the source code to see what is injected. For example the Adobe Plugins extension as of now inject the code for all plugins even if you initialise one. That will make your library bigger.

You could also use https://launch-parser.com/ which is good to understand if some data element are defined and never used