Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Debugger failing to load

Level 2

I have been using debugger to test our new launch setup and haven't had any issues but last week that all changed. We did nothing new to our site and AA traffic is still looking normal. Also, looking at other site like Ralph Lauren the debugger loads without issue? Is there something I might have done wrong recently? I am scared to push updates to production as not to mess anything up I can't see. Other tag tracking extensions like Omnibug I can see all our third party tags but I never see any beacons for page views and other user interactions. Is there something I can do? I have done the basic reset steps already.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 9

Hi @JustCallMePCra12 

your implementation sounds old school, meaning AppMeasurement and not an Edge Network setup with a datastream behind it, is that correct?

If not even Omnibug is showing anything for Analytics, that is usually not a good sign. What if you filter your network requests for "/b/ss", do you see anything similar to this?

bjoern__koth_0-1719808615603.png

ideas

• have you tried looking at your page in a private window and does it look the same?
  • have you deployed anything this week which could have disabled Analytics like changes to cookie consent handling that only affects the analytics category?

Feel free to send my your URL as direct message and I can have a look at it.

Cheers

Level 2

@bjoern__koth Thank you for the insights there and yes you are correct we are not running on the Edge network yet. We will be implementing CJA in August and then running on Edge at that time. I can not give you access to our dev site BUT our main site is https://www.carters.com. I am seeing the issue there as well but, if I clear cookies and cache I can get it to work up until I need to refresh the page after an update in dev environment and have to repeat the process of clearing cache/cookies. This image is from our dev enviro though.

Edit: no push to prod this week for AA related things. We are running EDDL and all events are firing fine.

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 8.43.56 AM.png

Level 9

So, I can reproduce the issue. Have you checked what's up with the the error messages?

bjoern__koth_0-1719850240973.png

Level 2

Yeah we are working on those. Something on the update site side we did caused those but that was after I was already not able to use the debugger

Level 9

I took the freedom to have a closer look at your launch script.

From a high level, your "Page Load Complete - All Pages - AA - Page View"'s custom code could be

// seems to fail is message is not set
const eventInfo = event.message.eventInfo || {};

// -> change to 
const eventInfo = event?.message?.eventInfo || {};

bjoern__koth_0-1719858156356.png

your "OneTrustGroupsUpdated" seems to be the culprit?

The problem I see with current setup is, that you do not persist anything from the "pageload.start" in the Adobe Client Data Layer's computed state.

This is because you throw all page-relevant information like page_name into the eventInfo object which is no longer accessible by the time your OneTrust event fires.

bjoern__koth_3-1719858991472.png

bjoern__koth_2-1719858973848.png

So, maybe it would be worthwhile refactoring a little?

adobeDataLayer.push({
    "event": "pageload.start",
    "category": "carters-home",
    "page_name": "carters-home",
    "page_type": "home",
    "title": "carter's: baby, toddler, and children's clothes",
    "brands_browsed": "carters",
    "environment": "production",

"eventInfo": {}
})

and in your custom code, instead of looking into the eventInfo, rather look into the fullState as well?

const pageMeta = {
    category: fullState.category || 'defaultCategory',
    page_name: fullState.page_name || 'defaultPageName',
    page_type: fullState.page_type || 'defaultPageType',
    title: fullState.title || document.title || 'defaultTitle'
};

just ideas

Level 2

Ok, So I took today to look over our setup. Errors where made of course and we have cleared them up in our dev enviro. When they make it to prod I will report back. 

Looking at the event send. The data is being set into an evar on the pageload.start event. This is working as expected now (too busy with other dev work to redo and QA Datalayer changes. But for now seems ok I agree to having it on the full state. This has cleared up the OneTrust error and and the TPS error. Also debugger is working properly. 

What the main issue seemed to have been. In my haste I see that I was setting the Page Meta DE one way in pageload.start event then setting it for some silly reason on user.view (my only thought is maybe a copy paste since slip up since both DE's are set the same way. Cleared this up got rid of a ton of console errors in launch. I truly THANK YOU for your insights here and they were very helpful