Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Assurance unable to get PIN pad to appear

Level 3

I am using Adobe Assurance with iOS 17.3.1. I am unable to get the PIN pad to appear after I scan the QR code and click on "Open Sephora". It just opens the app with the large red A in the upper right hand corner. However no server calls are transmitted to Adobe Assurance.

Any ideas on how to get the PIN pad to appear?

Thanks ...

Gene

Sephora

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It sounds like Something in the App might be blocking it?

We have some onboarding screens on our app, the pin will only show up after I get through those initial messages. 

However, since you are seeing the A in the corner, can you click on it? That's usually a way to get in to reconnect... but if its not showing you may have to work with your developers to figure out what in the app might be blocking it (likely loading overtop of the pin)

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It sounds like Something in the App might be blocking it?

We have some onboarding screens on our app, the pin will only show up after I get through those initial messages. 

However, since you are seeing the A in the corner, can you click on it? That's usually a way to get in to reconnect... but if its not showing you may have to work with your developers to figure out what in the app might be blocking it (likely loading overtop of the pin)

Level 3

Thanks for your thoughts, Jennifer. I found my problem was that Assurance was still connected in the app. Once I disconnected I could then start a new session and get the PIN pad to appear. Sometimes it takes a while for it to work after disconnecting.

Regards,

Gene

Level 3

Jennifer,

After working with it some more, I think you are correct. For now it works again. I will share this with colleages.

Thank you

Community Advisor

I'm glad its sort of working  

And yes, It will stay connected if you don't disconnect, this is actually a feature... it allows you to connect, close the app, then test the launching of the app with all the lifecycle metrics on the next app load.

I will use the same Griffon session for weeks sometimes, depending on what I am doing.

Also, fully uninstalling your app will disconnect Griffon, so if you are testing Dev builds that require "fresh installs", note that this will also clear your testing connections as well.

Level 3

Jennifer,

I was not aware that it stays connected. What a great tip? Knowing that I will probably just let it stay connected until my project is finished.

Really appreciate this group.

Thanks,

Gene

Community Advisor

You're welcome! I should have mentioned that before... and next time a similar issue comes up, I will check if the person is already connected to a session.