Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Analytics Workspace - Painfully Slow and Not Dependable

Level 2

Is any one else experiencing a painfully slow Workspace UI? For the last several weeks, my team and I have run into issues with Adobe Workspace. The issues include but are not limited to: severe lag when dragging and dropping metrics, segments, and dimensions into free form tables, workspace projects taking way to much time to render when such issue was not apparent in the past, and a generalized lack of dependable performance in Analytics workspace.  

We depend on workspace every single day to provide reports and analysis to our stakeholders but at the moment it has been beyond frustrating to work in. Any tips? Recommendations? Or shared experiences? 

Yes we are aware that large workspace projects will slow down performance and that having to many panels in a workspace can cause latency issues as well but there is no getting around the fact that  the analysis we need to run often requires the development of a large workspace.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There are some other AA users also reported this issue in the past months. You should create a support ticket with Adobe regarding your issue. Because there is no specific maintenance or issues reported in Adobe status. Logging a ticket with adobe is the best option to start with.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There are some other AA users also reported this issue in the past months. You should create a support ticket with Adobe regarding your issue. Because there is no specific maintenance or issues reported in Adobe status. Logging a ticket with adobe is the best option to start with.

Community Advisor

I agree with @Krishna_Musku ... the performance issues are likely caused by the rollout of new features... by flagging the issue to support they can pass this onto the engineering team and then hopefully look at what was recently added and identify potential problem areas... 

Level 2

Hey Jennifer,

Thank you for the recommendation but we have submitted many tickets in the past and never seem to have any resolution. I understand there have been updates with new features but performance has been spotty for many months.

Level 1

I agree.  What is having the option to add visuals to a Project if it's going to be frustrating to the user or the person who needs to view the report?

I close all of my windows/browsers just to work in Adobe Analytics, this does not help.

Level 1

I have the same issue, and i prefer to create a PPT from screenshots for presentations, since the UI is not dependable enough. 
Question is if its our account that has the issue or the product itself. 

But what frustrates me even more is the constant loss of work because of the lack of propper auto save. 
Like right now when I tried googling for a solution to the slow performance, while browsing through the results on google for just a few minuts i was logged out and lost atleast 30 min of work, with no ability to save my work or recover it... apart from opening the report in a new window, try to find whats new and copy-pasting it over, which is not worth the time. 

Community Advisor

Workspace is all coded with JS and API calls, so depending on the size of your reports, you need quite a bit of memory and processing power to run them efficiently... also, how many extensions you have in your browser can be a factor, as those all use up memory as well. Some browsers may handle the load better than others... it may be that you will find a specific browser runs more efficiently, and use it for your reporting while using your main browser for everything else....

There is an auto-save... but it doesn't save over the report you are working on (Thankfully.. I honestly can't stand the Google Auto-Save behaviour, and if Adobe were to implement that it would be horrendous... since I do so much "adhoc" analysis that auto-saving over reports would break all our standard reports, or flood my interface with hundreds of "untitled documents" the way Google does).

You may not be aware of how the auto-save actually works.... More similar to the auto-save that Office suite uses, a copy of the report is saved every few minutes (not over top of the report so that if you do something that breaks, or don't need it to save your base report is untouched).

When the auto-save has something that was "lost" you will get a new folder in your Workspaces called "Recovered Projects (Last 7 Days)".

Maybe it's working, maybe it's not... I haven't really had to use it.... I can see a bunch of my adhoc reports that I didn't want or need to be saved sitting in that folder for me... I don't have any real reports there, but as far as I know, those should appear there too... 

I am just used to using CTRL+S or COMMAND+S frequently..  the way people used to do for years before auto-save was even a thing... I get that losing work is frustrating, but auto-save is still a convenience feature... I prefer to rely on myself then something automated.... and I definitely don't want my reports overwritten with an auto-save while I am using a base report to do a deep dive (rather than having to replicate it so that auto-save doesn't make those adhocs part of the report)

Have I lost things.. sure... do I complain about the auto-save not saving me... no...  I'd rather lose a little work than having a system that saves everything that I'm doing that I don't want saved in the first place.... since 70% of my work in Workspace is adhoc.