Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Adobe Analytics: Unspecified occurences occuring on IOS but not on Android

Level 2

In my application, I am logging User IDs of users logging in with the Page Name. Logging in is mandatory for accessing the site, so post login only, a user can move to subsequent screens. In few instances, I am getting User IDs as Unspecified, I tried breaking it down on various dimensions, and got the below results,

Page - Unspecified

Mobile OS - iOS

Custom Link - ADBINTERNAL:Lifecycle

If I change the metric to Custom Link Instances, then the number of occurences against Unspecified matches with that of Custom Link Instances. In android, I am not getting Unspecified Instances. I found a similar thread here.

As the above thread is a bit old, just wanted to check is there a way to avoid these Unspecified instances? Or is it an expected behaviour? Also, why am I not seeing similar results in Android?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Good Afternoon!

Not being a mobile app developer, I'm going to go out on a limb here and recommend the issue may just be the differences between the platforms, but if possible, I would highly recommend walking this through with your developers to determine exactly how the data is firing, plus following @EricMatisoff 's advice in the original thread to review the exact URLs associated to the data.

Hope this helps!

Jeff Bloomer

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Good Afternoon!

Not being a mobile app developer, I'm going to go out on a limb here and recommend the issue may just be the differences between the platforms, but if possible, I would highly recommend walking this through with your developers to determine exactly how the data is firing, plus following @EricMatisoff 's advice in the original thread to review the exact URLs associated to the data.

Hope this helps!

Jeff Bloomer