Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Analytics - Mobile SDK - Automated click event tracking

Level 1

Is there a functionality within the mobile sdk where you can set up automatic click event tracking when a user clicks on a button or link? It looks like there is a solution on web maybe with the clickCollectionEnabled functionality - is there anything similar for mobile app?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

I've never heard of such a feature... since mobile apps could be coded in so many different frameworks, it would be extremely hard to make a plugin that could detect every single way that a mobile app navigation could be coded....

Unfortunately, if you want every click to be tracked, I think you would be better off having your developers code a global function to capture clicks... since they should already be detecting clicks that load a new screen, this shouldn't be terribly difficult for them to do.

Level 4

I agree with @Jennifer_Dungan ,

Even if there was a feature I would still go through the movements to establish a data-layer that captures click data.  Example: 

• thing clicked
  • href you are on when you clicked
  • href you are sent to
  • wrapping component "ID" 

This will allow you to had thorough reporting on your click data (journey flows, etc).  

Regarding the ID, the taxonomy of your ID should be scalable for simple components and more complex components.  Ex: 

ID definitions
<<comp name>>-<<locale>>-<<persona>><<position>>-<<title>>-<<date-last-pub-prod>>

Example:
homepage-carousel-en-us-default-slide1-theme2024