Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Adobe Analytics for a Chrome Extension?

Level 1

Hello,

Is it possible to implement Adobe Analytics tracking in a Chrome Extension using the standard JavaScript app measurement library?  If not, are there any alternatives?

Thank you.

Agnieszka

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Ah I see, yes that is possible, my answer still stands. The chrome extension will inject the Adobe script and call s.*, however, keep in mind that if your chrome extension is going to run on sites that already have Adobe install - public chrome extension, you may want to ensure you implement a different S object so you don't overlap on an existing implementation. As a matter of fact, you should do that regardless to be on the safer side but everything else should work as normal.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Agnieszka,

What do you mean by implement in Chrome extension, do you mean building an extension that will make calls to Adobe - if so yes, you can build a chrome extension that will inject the main script if it doesn't exist and then make the calls to Adobe by calling s.* or using DTM/Launch.

Let me know if you meant something else.

Level 1

Yes, I mean a Chrome Extension with built-in Adobe Analytics calls to track how users interact with the extension.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Ah I see, yes that is possible, my answer still stands. The chrome extension will inject the Adobe script and call s.*, however, keep in mind that if your chrome extension is going to run on sites that already have Adobe install - public chrome extension, you may want to ensure you implement a different S object so you don't overlap on an existing implementation. As a matter of fact, you should do that regardless to be on the safer side but everything else should work as normal.