Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Adobe analytics : Data Warehouse API deprecation?

Level 2

Dear community,

I would to know it Data Warehouse API is designed to be deprecated in a near future or can we base new dev on it?
Is there a way to access to all Adbobe Analytics segments using DataWarehouse.GetSegments method and not just legacy ones?

Thank you for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I should have been clearer. There is no separate method for Data Warehouse in 1.4. To use the data warehouse in 1.4 you will need to use the same Report.Queue as is used for the non-data warehouse requests. However to make it specific to Data warehouse, you will mention as such

"source" : "warehouse"

Here is an example code:

{ "reportDescription": { "reportSuiteID": "reportsuiteid", "dateFrom": "2016-08-01", "dateTo": "2016-08-30", "dateGranularity": "none", "elements": [{"id": "pageurl"}], "metrics": [ {"id": "pageviews"}, {"id": "visits"} ],"source": "warehouse"} }

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Mehdi,

There are no plans to deprecate Data Warehouse API. 

I believe version 1.4 should be compatible for both legacy and unified segments in Data Warehouse. However, remember that for new segments, they should be compatible with Data Warehouse tool.

Level 2

Thank you for your answer.

Sorry but there is nothing about a version 1.4 of the dataware house API (only version 1.3) : no documentation, no API explorer (Contrary to Analytics Reporting API).

Are we talking about the same thing?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I should have been clearer. There is no separate method for Data Warehouse in 1.4. To use the data warehouse in 1.4 you will need to use the same Report.Queue as is used for the non-data warehouse requests. However to make it specific to Data warehouse, you will mention as such

"source" : "warehouse"

Here is an example code:

{ "reportDescription": { "reportSuiteID": "reportsuiteid", "dateFrom": "2016-08-01", "dateTo": "2016-08-30", "dateGranularity": "none", "elements": [{"id": "pageurl"}], "metrics": [ {"id": "pageviews"}, {"id": "visits"} ],"source": "warehouse"} }

Level 2

Now, it' clear. Thank you.

So, I would to know if Data Warehouse API 1.3 is designed to be deprecated in the near future ?

Employee Advisor

Everything has a time that comes to an end. API 1.3 will too. However, don't anticipate it within the next two or three years (maybe more). 

It is recommended that you use 1.4 for its additional features and fixes.