Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Dimensions in Columns

Level 5

Is there any ability to add dimensions into a column ? Date Ranges into a column (aggregated ones) ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

ClientCare isn't providing support on Analysis Workspace yet, while it is in public beta. 

It turns out I am only partially right. You can't drop an entire dimension onto a column header yet. That's planned for an upcoming release. 

However, you can add specific dimension values as columns. To do this, mouse over the dimension that you want (in the left rail). You should see a right-pointing arrow appear to the right of the dimension name. Click on that. You will see the dimension values, and you can then drag them over as columns. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Sorry for the delayed response on this. You can definitely add dimensions into a column; you should be able to just drag and drop. If you want to add specific values of a dimension, you can also do that by clicking the arrow to the right of the dimension name in the draggable stack on the left, which will produce a list of values for that dimension. The same is true of the built-in date ranges currently available in the draggable stack; we will be adding custom date ranges very soon, which will give you the ability to define your own date ranges for inclusion in a table, rather than relying on our built-in ones. 

You can treat the date ranges in aggregate by not adding a granularity to the table. By default, you will get aggregate data for the date range. 

Level 5

Doesn't seem clear to me. Can Client Care help ?

Correct answer by
Employee

ClientCare isn't providing support on Analysis Workspace yet, while it is in public beta. 

It turns out I am only partially right. You can't drop an entire dimension onto a column header yet. That's planned for an upcoming release. 

However, you can add specific dimension values as columns. To do this, mouse over the dimension that you want (in the left rail). You should see a right-pointing arrow appear to the right of the dimension name. Click on that. You will see the dimension values, and you can then drag them over as columns.