Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Adobe analytics connected to power BI error URGENT

Level 2

Hi Team, 

I am trying to connect adobe analytics with power bi using power query with Cubes. However, I am not sure why few of the metrics are not pulling and throwing error. For example, I want to oull in adobe registration completions and using same name in query but it's not showing up. Please help - it's urgent. 

Rimple_Manni_1-1678860043912.png

6 Replies

Level 2

@Rimple_Manni If they are custom events/metrics please check if you have access (metrics shared to you) to it. If you create those metrics try to pull those metrics using Report builder & test if you can access it. 
Refer: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics-learn/tutorials/exporting/report-builder/get-start...

Level 2

But I want to analyse those in power BI only. Can you please explain more in depth?

Level 2

@Rimple_Manni Either way (PowerBI connector or Report Builder) you should have access to those metrics. 

Level 2

@Chandra_Tp Hi, I just tested that, and I can access that, now why it's not pulling using power BI connector/dataflow

Community Advisor

When connecting Adobe Analytics with Power BI using Power Query and Cubes, it's possible that some metrics may not be pulling correctly and could be throwing errors. In your specific case, it sounds like you're trying to pull in the Adobe registration completions metric, but it's not showing up in the query.

There could be a few potential reasons for this:

1. Incorrect metric name: Double-check to make sure that you're using the correct metric name for Adobe registration completions. It's possible that the name has changed or that you've misspelled it.

2. Permissions: Check to see if you have the necessary permissions to access the Adobe registration completions metric. Depending on your access level and the way your Adobe Analytics account is set up, you may need to be granted specific permissions in order to access certain metrics.

3. Data availability: It's possible that there simply isn't any data available for the Adobe registration completions metric during the time period you're trying to pull data for. Make sure to double-check the time range you're using in your query to ensure that you're not looking for data outside of the available range.

4. Data processing: Finally, it's possible that there may be issues with the data processing or with the way the metric is set up in Adobe Analytics. If none of the above solutions work, you may need to reach out to Adobe support for further assistance.

In general, when encountering errors or issues with pulling metrics in Power Query and Cubes, it's important to double-check your query settings and ensure that you have the necessary permissions and data availability.