Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Adobe Analytics Beacon is not Firing even when the tracker is set

Level 2

I am facing an issue where my Adobe Analytics page view beacon is not firing. I could see my rule getting fired, the tracker with all the variables is getting set and the logs also show "Firing Page View Beacon". However, there is no beacon triggered. When I call s.t() with a delay of 500ms in a custom code, the tags start firing as expected however, this is not the case with the default action of Send Beacon.

12 Replies

Community Advisor

Is your web app a Single page App? Like Angular for example?

Community Advisor

So 2 things then.

If you add a delay and then see data its a race type of condition. The pagebottom adobe snippet is firing and all datalayer elements required are not ready.

You can try and make sure the pagebottom code is later in page load.

Also make sure all data layer is indeed ready or else you will see this blank data type of behaviour.

Level 2

There is no page bottom script on the page as we are deploying the launch asynchronously. Also, I believe even if all of the data layer values are not there but the tag should still fire with at least those which are already populated by that time?

Community Advisor

Did you try inspecting the beacon on a different machine? and different internet connection?

The reason I ask this is, generally beacon firing is a two-way procedure between Browser and Adobe server. So if there's any network related firewall which is allowing after a certain time out or may be network speed etc.

Level 2

HI @Kishore_Reddy ,

Yes, I tried it on different machines, connections and browsers as well.

Community Advisor

Interesting! Last question, is there a condition that's not meeting the criteria until initial 300-400ms? As in, is there a latency factor attached to condition (of the page load Rule) validation? Like a datalayer or function or object, with 'direct call' event.

Level 2

We have a condition (One trust extension) to be evaluated in the page load rule but since, the logs show that the condition is met and the firing page view beacon, I believe this shouldn't be impacting this. I suspect this is something related to either ECID or the One trust Extension

Community Advisor

I agree with you! 

Have you eventually found the root cause ? just curious to know the issue. Thanks.

Level 2

Yes, we were able to find out the root cause. It was with the ECID opt in settings. Looks like the extension was not properly published so it was considering the AA flag to be false. After republishing, it resolved the issue.

Thanks! Your answer help me to resolve the exact same issue on my side as well.