Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Adobe Analytics Alerts fire even though they were deleted

Level 2

Hi,

I have deleted some Adobe Analytics Alerts.

However, I still receive notifications from these deleted alerts.

Can anyone explain why and how to fix it?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You need to be Main Admin. and hopefully there you can delete the  Alerts.

Failing that can try delete user and transfer ownership see if that helps.

Failing the 2nd option may need customer care to assist.

GLTU

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Is it possible another account created an alert you were made part of? All Alerts with your account are now gone but the other accounts alerts are still around if not deleted there.

Level 2

Hi @Pablo_Childe ,

Thank you for taking the time!

Indeed the alerts where created by another account. When I filter for the "assets" of this account inside Adobe Analytics the deleted alerts are gone.

Also I did not find them in the Admin Console.

Where can I properly delete the alerts?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You need to be Main Admin. and hopefully there you can delete the  Alerts.

Failing that can try delete user and transfer ownership see if that helps.

Failing the 2nd option may need customer care to assist.

GLTU

Level 1

Piggy Backing on this, for potential other readers: Another person can also add you to an alert at any time. 

Bhawins_1-1657027426525.png

This can be problematic, and is definitely a feature of adobe analytics that could use some additional attention. 
So the caveat is to be cautious when creating alerts. They can easily overwhelm an inbox.

I don't recommend deleting a user just for this purpose, as the previous answer here suggested, because as he also said... you could end up in a death spiral with customer service.

If an alert is really bugging you, use your mail client to block keywords associated with that alert. Simple and effective. Then hunt down an admin that can destroy that alert for you.

Community Advisor

There is also an "unsubscribe from this alert" inside each alert email. I know this from experience as I have alerts sent to a Jira "email" so that all alerts show in a reserved channel that multiple people can monitor (rather than flooding inboxes) and someone accidentally clicked unsubscribe in Jira (so I had to set it up again).

However, this only works for the individual, and that alert may be going to multiple people.

@Adam19 does your organization potentially have multiple "companies" in Analytics.... When I took over the administration, I actually had all the active suites from the other "company" moved into the main one, then transferred all access into the main company. However, the suites that were transferred still all available in the original company and any reports, alerts, etc that were set up there still existed there.... it took a little time to clean out the old one and get everything transferred to the primary company... its possible you may have something similar in your organization?

If you have admin rights in the admin console, you should be able to see a list of companies and if you have access to them - being an admin doesn't auto give you access.. my main account only has access to the main company and I created a second account for "multi-company admin" so that my day to day work was cleaner (no worrying about being in the wrong company)

Good luck tracking down the extra alerts!

Level 2

Hi @Jennifer_Dungan,

the unsubscribe seems to be the way to fix it in the short term.

However, I would like to understand a way to prevent it from happening again.

As @Bhawins mentioned, the alerts had multiple recepients. These were not removed before deleting the alerts.

Regarding the "multiple companies": There is only one "company" in Analytics. However, there are multiple user groups. The user who originally created the alerts was from my user group though. No shifting of report suites was done.

Thank you! Best regards.