Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Adobe Analytics Activity map

Level 4

Dear Team,

I need assistance determining whether Adobe Analytics Activity Map is properly implemented on our website. Could you provide guidance on how to check this using the browser network tab, console, source, Omnibug, or any other relevant tools?

I’ve installed the Adobe Analytics Activity Map extension, but it isn’t displaying any data. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @priyankagupta20,

Here is the workaround for activity map issue:

• Go to 'chrome://flags/#third-party-storage-partitioning'
  • In Third-party Storage Partitioning, change flag from Default to Disabled
  • Relaunch the Chrome, and you are all set with the activity map!

Here is the link to the discussion thread i posted about workaround for activity map issue.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-discussions/workaround-for-activity...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @priyankagupta20,

Here is the workaround for activity map issue:

• Go to 'chrome://flags/#third-party-storage-partitioning'
  • In Third-party Storage Partitioning, change flag from Default to Disabled
  • Relaunch the Chrome, and you are all set with the activity map!

Here is the link to the discussion thread i posted about workaround for activity map issue.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-discussions/workaround-for-activity...

Community Advisor

The solution posted by @Krishna_Musku will fix the extension, but if you want to test Activity Map data in real time, it's sent as context data.

In your network panel, when you filter for your tracking calls, it will appear after your eVars:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1724255964327.png

In Omnibug, there is an entire section dedicated to Activity Map:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1724256060017.png

There are a few things to keep in mind, Activity Map is a deferred tracking item. The initial page will have nothing, when you click on an anchor tag, this will pick up the values from the click on the anchor and pass them on the following page (or on the "click action" if you are using s.tl calls)

Community Advisor

Additionally, if you are using Web SDK you can enable Activity Map in the extension.

bjoern__koth_0-1724264088316.png

What is a bit of a downside on this one is that you will NOT see the payload in Omnibug anymore since it is a beacon that is sent that is neither GET nor POST.

The actual request payload can only be see in the network tab, if you filter for "collect"

bjoern__koth_2-1724264838177.png

To work around this issue, in the custom code section, you can add the following debug information (at least that is my go-to piece of code to see what's going on).

(side note: the ">>>" prefix I usually add to make it easier to filter for my own debug output)

_satellite.logger.debug(`>>> ActivityMap Click\n\tPage Name: ${content.pageName}\n\tLink Region: ${content.linkRegion}\n\tLink Name: ${content.linkName}\n\tLink URL: ${content.linkUrl}\n\tLink Type: ${content.linkType}`);

Provided that you have debugging enabled and log levels in your browser are set to verbose.

_satellite.setDebug(true);

bjoern__koth_0-1724264487256.png

This will print out something like this upon clicks

bjoern__koth_1-1724264537161.png

Hope that helps.
Cheers from Switzerland!

Level 3

There are a few things that you can check before going to the network tab or debugging extension. 

1. Ensure that a report suite has an Activity map enabled.

2. After clicking any CTA, a new page should be loaded to see the attributes of Activity map (Link, page, region).

If everything is correct, install Omnibug, a Chrome extension to decode and display outgoing digital marketing requests.  

@ankitagarwal05  what are your thoughts on this?