Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adding panels to Mobile Scorecards

Level 1

Currently, if we'd like to apply segments built differently for conversion and non-conversion metrics, we'd need to drag and drop the segment on each individual metric, manually, due to the absence of separate panels.

A workaround is to create 2 separate reports, one for non-conversion metrics, the other for conversion metrics. 

If we had the option of having separate panels, we can create one single report, by simply applying segments relevant to the respective panels.

Is anyone else facing this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Mobile Scorecards work differently than the regular workspaces.. there are no "panels" as you say (which split the screen into multiple distinctions), but you don't need them, because you can use "Slides" to achieve the same thing.

My User Group actually just did a recent session on Mobile Scorecard Data Stories (re-hash of the Las Vegas Summit session), with our guest Jennifer Werkmeister from Adobe, you should check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G88Pwqzy3EA

But essentially, start with basics on the main screen, then create multiple screens on that one metric that you can apply segments to the individual screens - then you can swipe between them...

Screens are essentially "panels" in the mobile scorecards.

You don't need to create multiple reports, or create multiple replicated metric blocks on the main screen....

Now, you are correct that there is only the option to use ONE "Drop Down" Segment... but you can still create screens instead of drop downs....

Let's say you have Metric 1 (let's assume non-conversion for the moment) and you have 5 segments that you would potentially like to see:

Add Metric 1 to the home screen as a small block showing an overview... now click on it, to pull up the associated screen and configure the look and feel for the overview. Now, hover over the middle right of the slide to see these options:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1686579180650.png

• Add Slide
  • Duplicate Slide
  • Delete Slide

Add will add a blank slide, duplicate will start with a copy of what you just configured... in this new slide, drag in Segment A (re-label the slide to indicate the segment in use) and configure the display.

Repeat the process for the other 4 Segments. (If you duplicate, remove the other segment or stack segments depending on your needs)

Now, go back to the main screen and add Metric 2 (conversion metric), repeat the steps of creating slides with relevant segments.

While it would be nice to have the ability to use multiple dropdowns within Mobile Scorecards (I know, that's one of my complaints cause I would like to be able to apply multiple compatible dropdowns like platform [web / app / etc] AND subscriber/non-subscriber AND Site/Site Group [within our global suite]... ), but we need to remember that the purpose of them is quick insights... they are meant to be quick and easy to glance at... they are not supposed to be in-depth reports....

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Mobile Scorecards work differently than the regular workspaces.. there are no "panels" as you say (which split the screen into multiple distinctions), but you don't need them, because you can use "Slides" to achieve the same thing.

My User Group actually just did a recent session on Mobile Scorecard Data Stories (re-hash of the Las Vegas Summit session), with our guest Jennifer Werkmeister from Adobe, you should check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G88Pwqzy3EA

But essentially, start with basics on the main screen, then create multiple screens on that one metric that you can apply segments to the individual screens - then you can swipe between them...

Screens are essentially "panels" in the mobile scorecards.

You don't need to create multiple reports, or create multiple replicated metric blocks on the main screen....

Now, you are correct that there is only the option to use ONE "Drop Down" Segment... but you can still create screens instead of drop downs....

Let's say you have Metric 1 (let's assume non-conversion for the moment) and you have 5 segments that you would potentially like to see:

Add Metric 1 to the home screen as a small block showing an overview... now click on it, to pull up the associated screen and configure the look and feel for the overview. Now, hover over the middle right of the slide to see these options:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1686579180650.png

• Add Slide
  • Duplicate Slide
  • Delete Slide

Add will add a blank slide, duplicate will start with a copy of what you just configured... in this new slide, drag in Segment A (re-label the slide to indicate the segment in use) and configure the display.

Repeat the process for the other 4 Segments. (If you duplicate, remove the other segment or stack segments depending on your needs)

Now, go back to the main screen and add Metric 2 (conversion metric), repeat the steps of creating slides with relevant segments.

While it would be nice to have the ability to use multiple dropdowns within Mobile Scorecards (I know, that's one of my complaints cause I would like to be able to apply multiple compatible dropdowns like platform [web / app / etc] AND subscriber/non-subscriber AND Site/Site Group [within our global suite]... ), but we need to remember that the purpose of them is quick insights... they are meant to be quick and easy to glance at... they are not supposed to be in-depth reports....