Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Ad Hoc issue - cannot edit saved project

Level 2

Last week (Feb 6) there was an AD HOC issue that slowed analysis way down, this was fixed Feb 9th  however since then I cannot use a saved project, I can open it but then the application either freezes or is "running reports" for a long time and in effect cannot be used. If I start a new project then it works just fine until I save it, exit and try to reload that project, then it freezes again on the reload. This is of course very annoying as I have to rebuild my project each time in order to complete my analysis.

I use 2 different computers one corporate computer via VPN and the other my work computer directly over the Internet. I use the latest version of Java on both. Both have the same issue.

Any suggestions as to how this can be resolved?

Update - it appears that the data requests that I ran were quite large so Ad Hoc could manage it on the initial run but choked when the project needed to be reloaded. I will have to break up my requests into smaller projects and see if that helps. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Thanks Peter for the update. Some really large requests do have a tendency to time out when many are requested simultaneously - this is magnified when multiple breakdowns and complex segments are used. Separating these large requests into separate projects are one of the best way to mitigate the degraded performance from large complex requests.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Thanks Peter for the update. Some really large requests do have a tendency to time out when many are requested simultaneously - this is magnified when multiple breakdowns and complex segments are used. Separating these large requests into separate projects are one of the best way to mitigate the degraded performance from large complex requests.