Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Ad hoc analysis won't launch

Level 1

I've read many discussions here and none of them work for me.

I click launch then download the discover.jnlp file, I then click it and it seems as though Java launches, on my desktop a small process says "Java..." It looks like its working but then it disappears and nothing happens.

This is my first time using this, any suggestions would be great. 

It looks like this

2018-06-08_14-07-28.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Try and open discover.jnlp with javaws.exe.

You can also try reinstalling Java using the offline version instead of the default installation.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Hi

Would suggest you to check with Java Console and clear the temp files of Java and check if Java is updated

you can follow the steps in the Document

Troubleshoot Ad Hoc Analysis launch issues

thanks

saneesh

Level 1

I tried that it didn't work, I also uninstalled Java then reinstalled...its still the same.

When I tried to open discover.jnlp with these instructions, the computer said it couldn't open this type of file. It wasn't in my Program Files\, it was under Program Files  (x86)

• Prompt for a program to open the .jnlp file: Occasionally, the file association with Java Web Start files can be lost. To restore it, browse to C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib and associate it with javaws.jar, or simply download and install the latest version of Java."

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Try and open discover.jnlp with javaws.exe.

You can also try reinstalling Java using the offline version instead of the default installation.