Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

3 day, 7 day, and 30 day time periods since launch of an article

Level 1

Currently, we manually track the number of 3 day, 7 day and 30 day meaningful reads and pageviews. It takes a lot of time to generate this data since all dates need to be manually plugged in.

Ideally, the system would recognize when an article is launched and automatically generate these benchmarks. I think this should be easy since the date is part of the URL structure. We need to build a cohort table, but I am not sure where to start and if this is even a possibility.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

While I agree this would be an amazing report to have.. I don't think it's currently possible... We don't have a "date" dimension that could be taken into consideration with the current date...

Now, if you were to potentially use something like Report Builder, you could set up a dimension to store the publish date of the content (in a standard date format), then in Excel when the data is brought in, cast that text field to date and use that to programmatically build out a report based on "today's date"....

It would require some programming and testing to ensure it's working as intended.. but if you can get it working you wouldn't have to do the work manually any longer...

Good luck

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

While I agree this would be an amazing report to have.. I don't think it's currently possible... We don't have a "date" dimension that could be taken into consideration with the current date...

Now, if you were to potentially use something like Report Builder, you could set up a dimension to store the publish date of the content (in a standard date format), then in Excel when the data is brought in, cast that text field to date and use that to programmatically build out a report based on "today's date"....

It would require some programming and testing to ensure it's working as intended.. but if you can get it working you wouldn't have to do the work manually any longer...

Good luck

Adobe Champion

This won't be possible to build in a workspace. My recommendation is to build a Report Builder report. If you have publication date as a dimension, you can then use that and Excel functions to build your report out.