Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

2 Adobe Analytics instances running on the same page

Level 2

Can we have 2, AA instances running on the same page.

One AA is being hosted by Tealium and another one from Launch.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

@Abhinav_m - What are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to send the same data to different report suites? Different data to different report suites? Are the AA instances owned by the same org, or does one belong to you and the other belongs to another org/vendor? If you can provide more context, we might be able to provide suggestions or alternatives.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

You can, but it's not advisable. The most immediate impact is that because you're sending 2x hits, you could exceed your licence's volume very quickly, which can increase the cost of your AA bill.

Besides that, sending such hits can lead to inaccuracies in reporting or spending more time to interpret the reports.

So, just don't.

M6i3

Employee Advisor

You can, though it's not supported or recommended. It's bound to cause issues.

Level 2
Can you provide some expected issues that we might run into.

Correct answer by
Level 8

@Abhinav_m - What are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to send the same data to different report suites? Different data to different report suites? Are the AA instances owned by the same org, or does one belong to you and the other belongs to another org/vendor? If you can provide more context, we might be able to provide suggestions or alternatives.

Level 2

@Brian_Johnson_ Intent is to send data to two different set of reporting suites in two different org's. One currently in place, implemented via Launch is focused towards tracking experience on the web property only. There is another parent exp (lets called is Exp A), from which the user can navigate to this exp (lets called is Exp B). Exp A also uses AA (different ORG), and is implemented through Tealium. Intent is to follow the customer journey from Exp A to Exp B, in real time. This is where we are trying to figure, if there are known technical issues in implementing, Exp A Tealium managed AA on Exp B which already has AA (different ORG) implemented through Launch.

Level 8
@Abhinav_m - I think I understand what you're trying to do... The technical challenges here may include visitor identification (ECID will be different for different orgs), namespace conflicts (if both are using the 's' object, watch out), or page performance issues if you're loading the same code (appMeasurement) more than once. I'm sure I'm leaving out many other possible issues/challenges, but these would be some of the major things to watch out for.