Provide the ability to have a report suite use the same classification settings and data as another report suite. When classifying a variable, give the user three options:
- Link to an existing report suite (share the settings and data)
- Copy the settings and data from another report suite. [This should copy the settings and data. If the report suite you're copying from has a SAINT FTP import, add the new report suite to the list of report suites on the import.]
- Use report-suite specific data and settings (the current setup)
If the user linked the accounts:
- Any changes made to the "parent" report suites classifications (e.g. adding or removing a field) should automatically replicate to all child report suites.
- All existing data in the parent report suite should automatically be available in the child report suite
- Any new data uploaded to the parent report suite should be linked to the child report suite(s)
- When importing a file via FTP, send a single success/failure email
- When creating a new report suite from a template, if the classification is a "parent," the new report suite should default to
Problems this would address:
- When adding a new report suite that requires the same classification as an existing one, you currently have to manually upload the existing data into the new report suite.
- Make it easy to copy classification structure and/or existing data and imports with or without linking the report suites.
- If you have dozens or hundreds of report suites sharing the same data and have an automated SAINT classification import that includes all of them, you get separate success/failure notifications for each report suite. Instead, you'd get one.
- Avoid the dreaded "The classifications for this report do not match for all report suites. Only classifications that match exactly can be viewed and edited across report suites." error.