Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

[Mentor Hari Krishna Devanabowina] Adobe Analytics Community Mentorship Program 2024

Administrator

Hello Team,

Welcome to the Adobe Analytics Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Analytics Community Mentor, Hari Krishna Devanabowina (aka @harikrishnadevanabowina), who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Analytics questions as you prepare for the Adobe Analytics Developer Professional Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E213)through to the end of the program. 

Aspirants mapped to Mentor, Hari Krishna, @harikrishnadevanabowina

1. Bhuwan_B
  2. AEM_U1
  3. Akanksha Kaushal
  4. Indra Kumar Reddy Madhuru
  5. Hui-Hwoo
  6. Sai_07
  7. srikanthpogula 

How to participate 

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Analytics Certification during the duration of the program: July 24th, 2024 – September 4th, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with Mentor, Hari Krishna, @harikrishnadevanabowina, and your fellow Aspirant peers.  *You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate! 

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants:

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants.
  • "Like" this thread to confirm your participation in the program
  • Introduce yourself to Hari Krishna and your Aspirant peers by Replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Analytics  
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Analytics Developer Professional Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E213)
  • Test your Analytics knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Analytics Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs!
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Analytics Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts!

Quick links 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

56 Replies

Dear Aspirants,

@AkankshaKaushal @Bhuwan_B @srikanthpogula @Sai_07 @Hui-Hwoo @AEM_U1 @inder

Sharing the link again to fill the form 
for a 50% off voucher for certification exams to select participants.

Please utilize this opportunity.

Best Regards,

Hari Krishna Devanabowina

Community Advisor

@seanrobinson @harikrishnadevanabowina Thanks for sharing form link, i am getting below error while i try to open it.

Bhuwan_B_0-1724153849871.png

It was working yesterday, may be time up for this form.

@seanrobinson is that so?

The form is working and open now.

Form Link

Dear Aspirants,

Sharing the link again to fill the form 
for a 50% off voucher for certification exams to select participants.

Please utilize this opportunity before the form acceptance is closed.

Best Regards,

Level 4

Dear Aspirants,

I hope you are having a great week. Hoping everyone filled the form to qualify for the discount , if anyone missed, sharing again - Please fill the form

Weekend Quiz:

Question 1: Which Adobe Analytics tools provide the most granular or hit level data?

A. Report Builder
B. Data Warehouse
C. Data Feeds
D. Analytics API 2.0
E. Both B & C

Question 2: When developing code for data capture based on an SDR, what is crucial to ensure?

A. That the code runs on all operating systems
B. That the code aligns with the documented KPIs and data layers
C. That the code includes comments for every line
D. That the code can be easily copied for other projects

Question 3: What does real-time analytics in Adobe Analytics mean?
A. Data is updated every hour
B. Data is updated every day
C. Data is updated instantly as events occur
D. Data is updated once a week

Looking forward to your active participation.

Best Regards,

Hi @harikrishnadevanabowina, I have submitted the form. Below are my answers to the quiz.
Q1. Ans: C) Data Feeds
Q2. Ans: B) That the code aligns with the documented KPIs and data layers
Q3. Ans: C) Data is updated instantly as events occur

Thanks

Community Advisor

Question 1: Which Adobe Analytics tools provide the most granular or hit level data?

Answer: (Both B & C)

Question 2: When developing code for data capture based on an SDR, what is crucial to ensure?

Answer: (That the code aligns with the documented KPIs and data layers)
Question 3: What does real-time analytics in Adobe Analytics mean?
Answer: C(Data is updated instantly as events occur)

Community Advisor

@harikrishnadevanabowina I have one query related to SDR. Please help me with your inputs.

Question: How can an SDR be used to effectively guide the design and implementation of a data layer in websites, ensuring that only relevant data is sent and What are best practices for SDR Management in a Dynamic Environment (Sites with frequent change request) ?

Hi @Bhuwan_B Good question.

The Solution Design Reference (SDR) serves as a foundational document for analytics on digital properties. It outlines business requirements and data collection design, ensuring accuracy and alignment.

Web Analytics Audits and SDR

Regular web analytics audits, facilitated by the SDR, are crucial for maintaining data integrity. The SDR provides visibility into implementation details and helps identify missing properties.

Dynamic Environments and SDR

In dynamic environments with frequent changes, while variables may remain relatively stable, website components often evolve. The SDR, in conjunction with the analytics workspace, provides a clear mapping of components to tracked variables.

Effective SDR Practices

Creating an effective SDR involves using clear and recognizable naming conventions for properties. This enhances understanding and facilitates data analysis.

Please let me know if any queries.

Level 4

Dear Aspirants,

We're nearing the end of our 2024 Mentorship Program. Thank you for your dedication and participation! I've been impressed by your progress and engagement.

To help us gauge your readiness, please let us know how you feel about your current understanding of the material and your confidence in taking the certification exam. Also, please confirm if you've submitted the necessary form to be eligible for a 50% discount on the certification voucher.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about Adobe Analytics, Target, Campaign Classic, or AEP in general.

I'll be sharing more updates from the community later this week.

Best Regards, Hari Krishna D

Level 4

Dear Aspirants,

I'm grateful for the opportunity to have been a part of your growth in the Adobe Analytics Mentorship Program 2024.

I wish you all the best as you continue your journey towards Adobe Analytics certification. I hope to keep in touch in the future and hear about your successes.

Best Regards,

Hi @harikrishnadevanabowina 

I have one question: We have product detail pages with react components fetching content from client calls, few of the Adobe Analytics datalayer attributes are populated with the response from react component client calls. We are facing an issue with DOM ready/page load calls where certain data is not available by the time launch rules execute. How can we handle this scenario?

Launch script is include within <head> section of the page.

Hi @srikanthpogula good to see you here. 

This is quite a common issue when dealing with React components. Here are different strategies you could consider:

1. Async Data Loading and Conditional Rendering:

• Delay Launch Rules: If you can control the launch rules' execution, delay them until all necessary data is loaded. This can be done using JavaScript or Adobe Analytics' own mechanisms.
  • Conditional Rendering: Use conditional rendering in your React components to ensure that data is displayed only when it's available. This prevents rendering incomplete or incorrect information.

2. Adobe Analytics' Data Layer API:

• Push Data Manually: Use Adobe Analytics' Data Layer API to manually push data into the data layer when it becomes available. This allows you to control the timing of data availability and ensure that launch rules have access to the data when they execute.
  • Data Layer Events: Trigger custom data layer events when data is loaded. Launch rules can then be configured to listen for these events and take appropriate actions.

3. Optimization and Performance:

• Minimize Client Calls: Optimize your React components to minimize the number of client calls and reduce the time it takes to load data. This helps in reducing the number of calls and also optimized data tracking
  • Prioritize Data Loading: Ensure that critical data is loaded first to improve the overall user experience.

Also consider EDDL for 

• Centralized Data Management: EDDL provides a centralized location to store and manage data that needs to be tracked in Adobe Analytics. This ensures consistency and reduces the likelihood of errors.
  • Asynchronous Data Updates: EDDL allows for asynchronous updates, meaning data can be pushed to the data layer at any time, even after the page has loaded. This can be particularly useful when dealing with dynamic content or asynchronous data fetching.

Please let me know if any further queries, happy to help.

BR, Hari Krishna D