Expand my Community achievements bar.

[Mentor Faraz Husain] Adobe Analytics Community Mentorship Program 2024

Administrator

Hello Team,

Welcome to the Adobe Analytics Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Analytics Community Mentor, Faraz Husain (aka @fhusain), who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Analytics questions as you prepare for the Adobe Analytics Business Practitioner Expert Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E208)through to the end of the program. 

Meet your Mentor:

Faraz.png

Aspirants mapped to Mentor, Faraz @fhusain

1. prasanthi
  2. Cyrus_Chan
  3. Marilia_Pinho
  4. umishra
  5. lavanya_Sankaran
  6. roshang
  7. SupriyaDh

How to participate 

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Analytics Certification during the duration of the program: July 24th, 2024 – September 4th, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with Mentor, Faraz @fhusain, and your fellow Aspirant peers.  *You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate! 

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants:

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants.
  • "Like" this thread to confirm your participation in the program
  • Introduce yourself to Faraz and your Aspirant peers by Replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Analytics  
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about theAdobe Analytics Business Practitioner Expert Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E208)
  • Test your Analytics knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Analytics Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs!
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Analytics Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts!

Quick links 

8 Replies

Employee

Hey @prasanthi @Cyrus_Chan  @Marilia_Pinho @umishra @lavanya_Sankaran @roshang @SupriyaDh 

As we start our Adobe Analytics Mentorship program, I'd love to hear from all of you!

I would like to share some details about my background. Over the past 2.5 years, I have had the opportunity to contribute to Adobe, accumulating a total of 5 years of professional experience. My role within Adobe involved working in the Adobe Analytics Customer Engineering Team, where I gained valuable experience in working with diverse Adobe solutions. Moreover, I have also achieved GCP Certification, further enhancing my skill set.

Please feel free to ask any questions or share any queries you might have. This is a fantastic opportunity for us to learn from each other and make the most of this mentorship journey!

Level 1

Hi @fhusain,

Great to be a part of this community!

My name is Lavanya Sankaran, and I’m based in Tamil Nadu, India. I’ve been using Adobe Analytics for about 2.5 years and am excited to deepen my expertise and pursue certification. I’m looking forward to learning from every member of our cohort.

Employee

Hey @LavanyaSa Nice to hear from you! Please feel free to ask any questions or share any queries you might have. I'll start posting the toolkit shortly via this thread.

Employee

Hey There! Hope you all are doing well.

As we work towards our Business Practitioner Expert certification, we will focus on four main sections, each with a specific emphasis on the final exam. Here's the overview of the course:

Section 1: Understanding Analytics in the Adobe Cloud Ecosystem (10%)

• Demonstrate knowledge on utilizing the Adobe Experience Cloud ID
      • Demonstrate understanding of Adobe Launch
      • Demonstrate understanding of common integrations across the Adobe Experience Cloud Ecosystem

Section 2: Reporting and dashboarding for projects (30%)

• Consider the advantages of using a reporting tool based on a given scenario
      • Compare fallout and flow visualization and appropriate variable types for reporting
      • Apply the process to schedule Projects and Data Warehouse
      • Apply the process to share Projects and Reporting and Analytics dashboards for different users and/or groups
      • Apply the process to set Alerts
      • Apply the process to lookup the dimensions/components
      • Apply the process to create a visualization
      • Given a scenario, determine the appropriate item to use
      • Apply the process to create, configure, and use mobile scorecards

Section 3: Segmentation and calculated metrics (22%)

• Determine how to develop and configure segments
      • Apply the process to share segments with others in the organization
      • Compare segments
      • Apply segments to Projects and Components
      • Apply the process to generate calculated and/or segmented metrics

Section 4: General tool knowledge and troubleshooting (12%)  

• Analyze reports and identify data quality issues
      • Define different types of dimensions and parameters existing in Adobe Analytics (eVars, props and events)
      • Determine how to bring data in and out of Adobe Analytics
      • Identify information from marketing URLs

Section 5: Administration (10%)  

• Apply the process to configure the Marketing Channel reports with Marketing Channel processing rules
      • Apply the process to configure Classification Importer and Rule Builder
      • Apply the process to configure a virtual report suite based upon an existing segment
      • Use the Data Feed Manager Admin UI
      • Understanding of data governance

Furthermore, I'm sharing the main location for study, the Exam Prep Guide - Link. You can explore this resource, which will be beneficial in the upcoming weeks. We will continue to add more content to it and will also be posting weekly quizzes.

If you have any questions, please feel free to add them here so that we can all gain insights.

@LavanyaSa @prasanthi @Cyrus_Chan @Marilia_Pinho @umishra @roshang @SupriyaDh 

Employee

Hey Everyone!

For this week, please focus on Section 1, Understanding Analytics in the Adobe Experience Cloud Ecosystem. The goal of this first section is to help you:

• Demonstrate knowledge on utilizing the Adobe Experience Cloud ID
  • Demonstrate understanding of Adobe Launch
  • Demonstrate understanding of common integrations across the Adobe Experience Cloud Ecosystem

To help you get ready, I'll be posting 1-2 questions every week, and you can all have a go at answering to test your knowledge.

Here's the first question for this week.

Q. Which of these report would help you see users (group of users) sharing common characteristics over a specified period?

1. Fallout
2. Flow report
3. Cohort Analysis
4. Segment Comparison

I am looking forward to hearing from you all!

@prasanthi @Cyrus_Chan  @Marilia_Pinho @umishra @lavanya_Sankaran @roshang @SupriyaDh 

Employee

Correct @LavanyaSa 

A cohort is a group of people sharing common characteristics over a specified period. Cohort Analysis is useful, for example, when you want to learn how a cohort engages with a brand. You can easily spot changes in trends, then respond accordingly.

You can find more use case here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/analyze/analysis-workspace/visualizations/cohor...

From Analysis Workspace section, most of the questions will be related to the visualization. It is important to understand the use cases for each. Most importantly, when should we use flow, fallout, histogram, etc. 

Try going through each mentioned here - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/analyze/analysis-workspace/visualizations/freef...

Also, check what settings are available for each, such as the bucket size for the histogram. Don't forget to check out Summary Change and Summary Number.

Employee

Hey @prasanthi @Cyrus_Chan  @Marilia_Pinho @umishra @lavanya_Sankaran @roshang @SupriyaDh 

Hope you're well!

As we proceed further, let's move to Section 2 for this week, which covers the following and will cover the majority of the questions :

Section 2: Reporting and dashboarding for projects (30%)

• Consider the advantages of using a reporting tool based on a given scenario
      • Compare fallout and flow visualization and appropriate variable types for reporting
      • Apply the process to schedule Projects and Data Warehouse
      • Apply the process to share Projects and Reporting and Analytics dashboards for different users and/or groups
      • Apply the process to set Alerts
      • Apply the process to lookup the dimensions/components
      • Apply the process to create a visualization
      • Given a scenario, determine the appropriate item to use
      • Apply the process to create, configure, and use mobile scorecards

I would also recommend you to go through this document, which will give you an overview of which Analytics Tool should be used under which scenario - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/analyze/admin-overview/which-analytics-tool.

You can go through this table as well -

fhusain_0-1722866743620.png

Above table reference -

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/analyze/admin-overview/analytics-product-compar...

More on use cases - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/analyze/admin-overview/use-cases

Do check out the FAQs section for the above topics.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions. I'll try to add a few quizzes this week as well.