Expand my Community achievements bar.

[Mentor Abhay Mishra] Adobe Analytics Community Mentorship Program 2024

Administrator

Hello Team,

Welcome to the Adobe Analytics Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Analytics Community Mentor, Abhay Mishra (aka @abhaymishra12), who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Analytics questions as you prepare for the Adobe Analytics Business Practitioner Expert Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E208)through to the end of the program. 

Meet your Mentor:

Abhay Mishra.png

Aspirants mapped to Mentor, Abhay @abhaymishra12

1. cparthasarathy
  2. rreehal 
  3. SandhiyaV
  4. anniequine21
  5. drashti_m
  6. Chels_G
  7. Avinash Singh

How to participate 

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Analytics Certification during the duration of the program: July 24th, 2024 – September 4th, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with Mentor, Abhay @abhaymishra12, and your fellow Aspirant peers.  *You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate! 

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants:

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants.
  • "Like" this thread to confirm your participation in the program
  • Introduce yourself to Abhay and your Aspirant peers by Replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Analytics  
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about theAdobe Analytics Business Practitioner Expert Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E208)
  • Test your Analytics knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Analytics Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs!
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Analytics Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts!

Quick links 

21 Replies

Level 2

Hi everyone! Thank you for setting up this discussion thread and nice to meet everyone in the team My name is Chelsey Gibbons and I am leading the eCommerce & Conversion rate optimisation (CRO) team for the Insurance division at Saga Plc. I am based in London, UK. I have been working with Adobe Analytics for about 7 years now - started when it was first implemented at Saga and we're still working extensively with the product today. I'm looking forward to learning the more technical elements and advanced features outside of my day to day usage of AA, update my knowledge of the platform with recent updates and understand how CJA will change the use of AA.

Look forward to collaborating with you all over the next few weeks!

Level 2

Thanks for your quick introduction @Chels_G , nice to e-meet you. Wish you all the best for your preparation towards adobe analytics business practitioner expert (ADO-E208) certification. 

Level 2

Hi All, 

Hope everyone is doing fine. Let's gear up towards our preparation for Adobe Analytics Business Practitioner Expert certification. We can follow this link to start our learning and ensure we are covering all the topics mentioned in the exam preparation guide below. We'll cover each section every week (would be good if you can cover it early as well).

Section 1: Understanding Analytics in the Adobe Cloud Ecosystem (10%)

• Demonstrate knowledge on utilizing the Adobe Experience Cloud ID
      • Demonstrate understanding of Adobe Launch
      • Demonstrate understanding of common integrations across the Adobe Experience Cloud Ecosystem

·         Section 2: Reporting and dashboarding for projects (30%)

• Consider the advantages of using a reporting tool based on a given scenario
      • Compare fallout and flow visualization and appropriate variable types for reporting
      • Apply the process to schedule Projects and Data Warehouse
      • Apply the process to share Projects and Reporting and Analytics dashboards for different users and/or groups
      • Apply the process to set Alerts
      • Apply the process to lookup the dimensions/components
      • Apply the process to create a visualization
      • Given a scenario, determine the appropriate item to use
      • Apply the process to create, configure, and use mobile scorecards

·         Section 3: Segmentation and calculated metrics (22%)

• Determine how to develop and configure segments
      • Apply the process to share segments with others in the organization
      • Compare segments
      • Apply segments to Projects and Components
      • Apply the process to generate calculated and/or segmented metrics

·         Section 4: General tool knowledge and troubleshooting (12%)  

• Analyze reports and identify data quality issues
      • Define different types of dimensions and parameters existing in Adobe Analytics (eVars, props and events)
      • Determine how to bring data in and out of Adobe Analytics
      • Identify information from marketing URLs

·         Section 5: Administration (10%)  

• Apply the process to configure the Marketing Channel reports with Marketing Channel processing rules
      • Apply the process to configure Classification Importer and Rule Builder
      • Apply the process to configure a virtual report suite based upon an existing segment
      • Use the Data Feed Manager Admin UI
      • Understanding of data governance

Feel free to reply this thread with any of your questions and I'll do my best to reply at the earliest (don't forget to tag me while replying).

Level 2

Hi @abhaymishra12 just completed the mock exam training to give a benchmark on where I need to focus my studying - administration is a focus area and in my day to day the Admin UI is not an area I am exposed too so going to start improving my knowledge there. other areas I need to improve my knowledge are the more advanced areas of Segmentation and calculated metrics and Reporting and dashboarding for projects.

Level 2

Hi @Chels_G ,

We can try to cover the topics related to administration from this link- and watch related videos on the youtube channel of adobe. Not sure if you can get access to any sandbox account to practice more about administrative tasks.

About the advanced topics, lets try to practice them as much as we can in the workspace. You'd struggle sometime and look for answers over the web but that's how we'll evolve.

Thanks,

Abhay

Level 2

To help you prepare well, i'll try to post 1-2 question every week and all of you can try giving answers to validate your knowledge. Here's the first question for this week.

Q. Which of these report would help you see users (group of users) sharing common characteristics over a specified period?

1. Fallout
2. Flow report
3. Cohort Analysis
4. Segment Comparison 

Post your reply with answers as A,B,C or D. 

Level 2

Thanks both for your answers @Chels_G @rreehal .

However, the correct answer is C i.e. Cohort Analysis. Read more about cohort analysis here.

Level 2

Thanks for the response @cparthasarathy I've already shared the correct answer , which is C. Cohort analysis would help you analyze users or set of users over the period of time sharing common characteristics. For example, Retention or the churn rate analysis.

Level 2

Hi @rreehal , @Chels_G , @cparthasarathy , @SandhiyaV , @drashti_m , anniequine21

Hope we've already started preparing for the certification but feel free to reach out / post your questions here. 

As promised, Here's week 2 quiz. To answer, you can simply reply with the correct answer :

Which Adobe Analytics tools provide the most granular or hit level data?

A. Report Builder
B. Data Warehouse
C. Data Feeds
D. Analytics API 2.0
E. Both B & C

Level 2

@abhaymishra12 
Sorry for the late reply but I've been on annual leave. Is it C. Data Feeds?

Level 2

Thanks both for your answers. You both got it right, correct answer is C. 

Happy learning. 

Level 2

Hi All, 

We are in the week 3 of this prepartion. Hope you all are completing the milestone and will be ready for the exams soon. 

As promised, Here's the question for week 3, try answering with the correct answers as option A, B, C  or D 

Question:

You want to analyze the conversion rate of users who added items to their cart but only if they first interacted with your site's blog content during the same visit. How would you structure a segment to capture this audience?

Options

A) Use a Visit segment container with a sequential segment to INCLUDE users who have a page view for blog pages and THEN triggered the "Cart Addition" event

B) Create a Hit segment container that includes users who viewed the blog pages and triggered the "Cart Addition" event in the same hit.

C) Use a Visitor segment container that includes users who viewed any blog pages at any time and later triggered the "Cart Addition" event.

D) Create a Visit segment container that first captures users who triggered the "Cart Addition" event, and then apply a separate segment to filter those who also visited the blog pages at any point.

Level 2

I also saw this article of segments which I thought was really good. Hopefully someone else will find it useful too. 
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/perspectives/the-magic-behind-the-curtain-complex-segments

Level 2

I know you have already posted the answer but I would have chosen A - the question specifies that the segment must have first interacted with blog content before adding items to the cart in the same visit and A achieves that criteria