Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Can entries be more than visits? And in what cases?

Level 1

I was a part of a discussion where one of the member shared an incident of witnessing entries more than the visits. But, he couldn't tell the reason behind that.

Want to know your thoughts on the same. Has anyone experienced anything like that?

Thanks in Advance!!!

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear

Is it for Adobe Analytics? For Adobe, whenever a page load happens, visit will be calculated and thus entries cannot be higher than visits i.e. Entry must initiate a visits for sure.

Heard from Google Expert that Google wont calculate visits for bounces since it need another image request to calculate the time for the visit/consideration. So it is possible in Google that entries can be greater than visits, I suppose.

However, lets wait for other members to hear it from them.

Thank You

Arun

Employee Advisor

If a segment is involved, absolutely. Do you have more information on the context of the observation, such as an example in Adobe Analytics?