Expand my Community achievements bar.

Workfront randomly logs me out

Level 1

Sometimes during a day Workfront decides to log me out. This morning, I hadn't been online for even an hour when I found I had to log back into my tabs. Normally, I can stay logged in all day, but in the last couple weeks I'll occasionally find it's logged me out.

11 Replies

Level 8

On an administrator level you might want to check the attached settingsScreenshot 2024-08-06 at 7.11.13 AM.png

Level 9

I wish we still had these options but they are now gone since we moved to the unified experience and admin console. 

Level 1

I don't have a solution, but we are also experiencing the same across our instance. This started after the Unified Shell was implemented July 18, so seems like there could be a connection there. The WF instance URL was changed as part of this implementation, and that has caused a number of issues for our users.

Level 2

The addition of United Shell has caused problems for us as well. Users are experiencing forced log-outs and very slow response times. The change to the URL structure, which I don't think was announced in advance, caused a problem with our internal controls and prevented us for 2 weeks from uploading watermarked documents (e.g., Confidential, Internal Only). That's fixed now but the slow response times and log-offs continue.

Level 9

Did you happen to submit a ticket with Support?

We just started having this experience as well last week and I am waiting for an update from Support.

Level 1

My project manager says she submitted a ticket, since several of us in my department are having this problem, but I think it's stalled out. Support needs a recording of the problem, which is a little hard to get. I'm not sure that any of my coworkers have managed to do this so far.

Level 3

We have been having the same problem. We do have a support ticket in and have supplied them with a video of it. They are now asking for a HAR file. 

Level 9

This is what I received from Support:

Go to the admin console and log in. Here you will be able to go to Settings at  the top > Privacy & Security > Authentication > At the bottom you will see option to set the active time. You'll want to change those to actual numbers rather than leaving as "Not Set".

Our team held on this update as this is a global setting and would impact all the tools that are in the console that Workfront is in (unless Workfront is by itself). Our IT partners also said they were provided that the best user experience is to use the default settings which would be "not set". 

Level 2

The Adobe recommendation is to leave the settings as "Default" or "Not Set." I'm going to experiment with this change to see if it changes anything. This Admin Console contains 8 instances of Workfront and 6 of Fusion, and the setting applies to all instances.

Govdaniel_0-1723562129968.png

Level 2

@Kiersten_K I'm not seeing the Settings tab in my Admin Console to where I can adjust these settings. Do you have a reference number for you ticket?

Screenshot 2024-08-14 at 11.49.26 AM.png