Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Workfront Proof (Integrated Version, not Standalone!)

Level 10
We've been experiencing a TON of issues with WF Proof lately. One of the main (and intermittent but recurring) issues, is that a user generates a proof which does indeed get created and starts routing to the team - but the proof is only visible on the backend/PHQ. The team can access the proof from the email notification that is sent, so they are able to review and make comments. However, the Proof Owner can't see or manage the Proof from within Workfront itself. This is a problem for us, b/c we don't give our users access to the backend (ie PHQ). We're being told by WF Support that it looks like the 'callback to WF is failing'. Is anyone else experiencing issues like this? Its been very disruptive to our workflow and confusing to end users. Our current workaround is to have the Proof Owner save all the Proof Comments as a pdf, upload a new version of the Proof in WF, and then attach the comments from the 'unattached' version in a comment on the new version. Oh, and tell the team to ignore the previous version. Easy peasy, right????????? Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB
4 Replies

Level 8
I've got a couple of open tickets (with different clients) about notifications being inconsistent - specifically but not exclusively with adding documents. This would seem at the surface to explain them. Barry Buchanan Work Management Australia

Level 7
I would push back harder until you get a resolution, this doesn't sound like something that is your fault. You have to be very persistent w/ Workfront's customer support sometimes, what's happening to you seems unacceptable to me. Richard Carlson Behr Process Corporation

Level 8
Hi Katherine! I feel your pain with the "integration" of ProofHQ and Workfront. We had so many issues with it, that last year we reverted back to using the document approval process until we can trust that the two systems are 100% integrated and there's no visible way to tell that there were ever two systems in the first place. I'm not sure how complex your workflows are, but it might be worth it to temporarily use document approvals to route proofs? All of the functionality within the proofing tool is the same, it's just the process of approving a proof that's a little different. We designate a primary client on the project, who is responsible for posting an update letting their team know a proof is ready for them to review. That way, our designers aren't sending document approvals to more than one user and the client clicks the document approval button once everyone on their team is done making their edits. Of course this process may not work for you, but just wanted to provide some support! I hope the Workfront Support team gets this resolved for you...I know how disruptive it can be! Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.

Level 10
Thank you all!! We are pushing hard with Support - they seem to validate that there is a 'callback' issue but have been unable to resolve. Our CSE is escalating for us. Fingers crossed.... Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB