Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Workfront notifications

Level 2
We are currently transitioning from Basecamp to Workfront. When a task update is submitted in BC everyone on the team is notified via email which allows the team to track the project's progress. Does WF have that same functionality? Thus far, we have not found an automatic notification process which will alert the next person on the project when their task is ready for to be worked on. Can anyone recommend a solution? My hope is for each team member to be automtically notified when a preceding task has been completed. thank you
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 5
In the setup>Email>Notifications area you can select/activate notifications. One in the TASK section is All Predecessor Task Completion to Task Dependents, which will send notice that all predecessors are complete. Another one is Task Completion to Dependents which will trigger when any one of the predecessors is complete. THis should work in conjunction with the person's personal settings, Notifications area. They can set "Email Me WHen" A predecssor task of one of my tasks is completed, All Predecessors of my Tasks are Complete .

Level 2
Thank you. This information is very good. I have a follow-up question, how can the project manager keep current on the progress of the tasks (who isn’t assigned to any tasks)? Thank you,

Level 10
Hi Peggy, What type of information your project managers are interested to recieve? Have they tried the Daily Digest feature? You would need to enable all of the emails from Setup that allow Project Owners to be up to date, and then they can subscribe for the Daily Digest from their Settings sections and recieve Summary related to all of the projects they own. I have some steps here in this "https://community.workfront.com/blog/the-new-email-digest-feature-is-now-in-preview">article , the same applies for production environment if they are Early Access users. This should go to GA very soon. Here is the help site "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/231802907-Receiving-Email-Notifications#daily-digest">link with some additional info. Cheers, Anna G

Level 2
Anne, thank you for your feedback. We will look into this option today. I really appreciate everyone’s help!