Expand my Community achievements bar.

Workfront AEM Assets Native Integration does not honour checked-out assets

Community Advisor

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone has come across this and found a solution . . .

Natively in AEM Assets, when a file is checked out, a lock icon and the name of who checked the asset out is displayed. If someone attempts to upload a new version, a message is displayed warning the user of the checked-out status and asking them if they want to create a new asset instead. . . Great so far!

However, when viewing assets through the native Workfront integration there is no visual representation that the asset it checked out. Furthermore, anyone can upload a new version of the file even if it is checked out in AEM. It appears that the native integration does not honour the checked-out status at all, anyone can override a checked-out file when using the native integration.

Interested to hear if anyone has:

1. Found a way to visually represent that an asset is checked out via the native Workfront integration
  2. Found a way to prevent users from overriding the checked out asset when using the native Workfront integration

I will raise this with support and post their response here, but would love to hear from anyone in the community who has seen this behaviour and found a way to overcome.

Cheers,

Rich.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies