Expand my Community achievements bar.

Why does the Workfront API not use standard ANSI dates?

Level 1
Hi Guys Just some feedback really. I've noticed that dates returned from the workfront API are in an unusual format: "projectedCompletionDate": "2018-05-14T12:00:06:350+0100", This seems to be 90% ANSI format but crucially isn't quite there. Is there a reason you use a colon as the millisecond de-limiter and not the prescribed .(dot)? i.e. 06 :350 +0100 should be 06. 350 +0100. I'm parsing your json using a standard JSON Parser (Json.Net) and because the dates aren't ISO I now have to write my own date parser. It'd be useful to know what date format this is? Then maybe I can just use a pre-built one? FYI The W3C ISO 8601(
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 1
If anyone stumbles across this I eventually got it working using the following format string: yyyy-MM-ddTHH:ss:mm:fffK Apparently signatures are still a thing

Level 10
Ahhhh! Very nice, Liam. We've been simply splicing out the milliseconds for years, but I like Your Way better! Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 2

I have to write a custom formatter for any language (Java or Typescript) using to interact with Workfront. Workfront should use the proper ISO 8601 format.

Unnecessary overhead. Maybe Workfront can fix it in a new version of the API.