Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Why does the Workfront API not use standard ANSI dates?

Level 1
Hi Guys Just some feedback really. I've noticed that dates returned from the workfront API are in an unusual format: "projectedCompletionDate": "2018-05-14T12:00:06:350+0100", This seems to be 90% ANSI format but crucially isn't quite there. Is there a reason you use a colon as the millisecond de-limiter and not the prescribed .(dot)? i.e. 06 :350 +0100 should be 06. 350 +0100. I'm parsing your json using a standard JSON Parser (Json.Net) and because the dates aren't ISO I now have to write my own date parser. It'd be useful to know what date format this is? Then maybe I can just use a pre-built one? FYI The W3C ISO 8601(
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 1
If anyone stumbles across this I eventually got it working using the following format string: yyyy-MM-ddTHH:ss:mm:fffK Apparently signatures are still a thing

Level 10
Ahhhh! Very nice, Liam. We've been simply splicing out the milliseconds for years, but I like Your Way better! Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 2

I have to write a custom formatter for any language (Java or Typescript) using to interact with Workfront. Workfront should use the proper ISO 8601 format.

Unnecessary overhead. Maybe Workfront can fix it in a new version of the API.